Guest shirley

475 to 887 Visa application

Guest shirley

OMG can someone please help...I'm obviously being totally thick here, but we are up to applying for the 887PR

We have met all the criteria and started he online application...thing is the application doesnt seem to make sense!

The application was more about past qualifications and a full blown application giving us a points allocation near the end WTF!!! is this right? tried ringing the immigration office but they only work part time 9am to 4pm!!! Mon - Friday are we filling in the right form / e-application.

We've scourred through google and the forums but everybody seems to have managed to apply for the upgrade in the right place!blink.gifredface.gif

Thanks Loads Shirley & Chris

Guest Martin and Val

Hi, it seems that are a few of us going through this process at the moment. If you take a look at this thread it may answer some of your questions. http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/18980-887-online-applications-when-upload-docs.html

The link you want for the application is http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration.htm and click the link Application for a General Skilled Migration visa then click that you agree to the terms and conditions and follow it through. Most, if not all, of the info required is a duplicate of what you gave for your first visa. I don't know if this is the form you have found but it s the one we and others have used.

Good luck

Martin

Guest shirley

Ah! thanks Martin,

Yes when we reviewed what we had done, we had only gone and selected the wrong Visa number ... Not so bright hey....must have been the excitment!...well thats my excuse anyway! :biglaugh:

One thing you may be able to help on is the Police checks, do we need to resubmit the UK one as well as an uptodate Australian one?

Thanks

Shirley & Chris

Guest Martin and Val
    One thing you may be able to help on is the Police checks, do we need to resubmit the UK one as well as an uptodate Australian one?

We did as it was asking for them, but then the request disappeared so I don't think we actually needed to. Never mind they can delete them if they don't need them.:policeman:

Good luck with your application.

Martin

Guest C&Z
    Ah! thanks Martin,

Yes when we reviewed what we had done, we had only gone and selected the wrong Visa number ... Not so bright hey....must have been the excitment!...well thats my excuse anyway! :biglaugh:

Thanks

Shirley & Chris

Hello

We have just recieved our 887 visa. We did not submitt the original UK Police checks and were not requested to supply them, I have been told it is only if you have left the country whilst on your visa for a few months or more, and this also applies for medicals.

Claire

Guest shirley

Thanks all for your advice, the Police Check requirement off the chcklist have been removed - so we're taking it that they don't require then? - will see what happens.

Chris & Shirley

hi,

i applied for this change after only 5 months inoz, was granted in Aug,09..........30 mins after being submitted to the board, or whatever they call themselves!!!

Dont give up hope, it comes right in the end

Jane