Guest Rob & Shaz

Books

Guest Rob & Shaz

Hi all, i dont post very often but i thought id share this with you all. I love books and cant believe the price of them here so apart from the library(which are fab and very helpful) some friends told me about this web site that delivers FREE to most places in the world and Australia is one of them .Promt delivery no limit on how much you spend.Its called www.bookdepository.co.uk, hope this helps or you book worms .:goofy:

I use them a lot, they are a really good company to buy from, and incredibly cheap too. A Judi Dench book I looked at in the ABC shop last week was $49.95 in there, and just $26 from bookdepository.com, and I've just got Keith Richards autobiography at 25% off the RRP on the day it was published.

i save a fortune on books. Bought a Sony ebook reader in the city and download books for free off the net. Can also buy electronic books from most books retailers online at a fraction of the cost. xpandable memory on my unit, so now got 18gb memory and good for around 12000-16000 books. Battery will last approx 12000 page turns before needing charged again. Also stores photos and music files.

Guest markjl

why are book so much more expensive! it sucks ihave seen some great books here and i just cant justify the 30-40 dollars for them! guess will just have to add books to the list along with gym membership and food lol

why are book so much more expensive! it sucks ihave seen some great books here and i just cant justify the 30-40 dollars for them! guess will just have to add books to the list along with gym membership and food lol

I get my "everyday" reading books at the Salvos stores or the huge Savers store at Noarlunga. At the Salvos most novels are only a couple of dollars ... and in good condition.

If you live down south and want a cheap gym I can highly recommend Anytimefitness at Pimpala Road, Woodcroft .... cheap monthly membership (you have to sign up for a year) and unlimited 24 hour access. I've used it at 4.15 am recently and its quite safe at all hours of the night, with security cams and personal alarms provided.

Sharon

Regarding Book Depository, I hadn't realised at first, but there are actually two sites, one being www.bookdepository.co.uk and the other, www.bookdepository.com . Once I realised, I found that the .com site is usually up to a few dollars cheaper than the .co.uk site. They are still sent from the UK, but maybe due to the exchange rate, the US site is usually cheaper. Don't know exactly why books are so much more expensive here. Maybe because of the GST and other costs, and obviously not having the huge population to make it cheaper to import in greater numbers. The Book Depository is a great site though, and I buy most of my books from there now, and you always know before buying exactly how much it will cost.

You know, you are right!!! I have just checked both .com and .co.uk and they .com is sometimes cheaper. Thanks for that, I will use that one from now on, save myself a little bit more!!

Regarding Book Depository, I hadn't realised at first, but there are actually two sites, one being www.bookdepository.co.uk and the other, www.bookdepository.com . Once I realised, I found that the .com site is usually up to a few dollars cheaper than the .co.uk site. They are still sent from the UK, but maybe due to the exchange rate, the US site is usually cheaper. Don't know exactly why books are so much more expensive here. Maybe because of the GST and other costs, and obviously not having the huge population to make it cheaper to import in greater numbers. The Book Depository is a great site though, and I buy most of my books from there now, and you always know before buying exactly how much it will cost.