Guest furryforeverfriends

? wooden container boxes

Hello

I am not sure if they are used these days but I may as well ask. When you move to Australia can you still bring your gear over in wooden container boxes? If so if anyone wants to get rid of some..... SA Dog Rescue would love to hear from you. They are always in need of dog kennels and we believe these container boxes may be perfect for this. So please contact

SA DOG RESCUE at

SA Dog Rescue - Home

SA DOG RESCUE | Facebook

sa_dog_rescue@hotmail.com

They also are always in need of many items including blankets, pet accessories, buckets and bowls, shade sails, dog and cat food.

All the best and thanks,

furryforeverfriends

hi our gear is in a container at the moment and tv was put in wooden crate supplied by moving company. hope this helps

Thanks Rob and Jane for the info.

Do you get to keep the wooden crate or do the moving company reclaim it?

Hopefully there are some people who could donate theirs to this wonderful organisation!

All the best

furryforeverfriends

I think most companies will take the crate away with them, but don't know if they are actually re-used or just disposed of, it might actually be worth contacting the companies themselves so that they know who to contact when they have crates to get rid of...

Guest Martin and Val

We only had one item which was packed in a wooden create everything else was in cardboard boxes. You do get to keep the wooden create same as you do the boxes as you've paid for them.

What may interest you though is if you ship animals over they travel in purpose made wooden kennels/creates and these can be left at the airport for disposal when you collect your animal or taken with you. It may be worth SA Dog rescue contacting the airport, I would have thought they would be glad to get rid of any they end up with.

Martin