Guest garlic--bread

Most common boys name in the UK

Guest moonraker1959

And whats wrong with Mohammed?Its only a name right?

Guest Rachael Reeve

Whats happened to good old jack,bob and adam. It just shows how much things have changed in the uk.

Guest garlic--bread

I'm just posting to show how things have changed in the UK!

if only 4.6% of the british population is muslim (as stated in the article), that must mean that a huge proportion of the babies born in those communities are called mohammed, can you imagine being their school teacher in 5yrs time??? It's bad enough having three or four kids with the same name, let alone half the class...

Wow shock horror!!!!...........Mohammed/Muhammad, which means “one who is praiseworthy”, is nearly always given to new born Muslim boys as an honorary prefix and is followed by the name by which they are commonly known. It is regularly cited as the most common name in the world.

Not really as shocking now is it ;)

Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

Mohammed is a holy name and a lot of boys are given mohammed as their first name, working in Blackburn hospital in the UK I met 3 brothers all called Mohammed but they use their second name generally.

Guest garlic--bread
    Hiya,

Mohammed is a holy name and a lot of boys are given mohammed as their first name, working in Blackburn hospital in the UK I met 3 brothers all called Mohammed but they use their second name generally.

I work in Bolton and there are quite a lot of the male workers with the mohamed muhamed, mohmed prefix name, but they seem to prefer Mo, must be a Bolton thing!

Guest garlic--bread
    Wow shock horror!!!!...........Mohammed/Muhammad, which means “one who is praiseworthy”, is nearly always given to new born Muslim boys as an honorary prefix and is followed by the name by which they are commonly known. It is regularly cited as the most common name in the world.

Not really as shocking now is it ;)

It wasn't meant to be a shocking post, just letting people know that it's now the most common name in the UK for the 1st time! ;)

It wasn't meant to be a shocking post, just letting people know that it's now the most common name in the UK for the 1st time! ;)

But it actualy wasnt was it?!?!?!!? ;)

Guest guest3462

Get your claws back in.....it's not a racial slur, just a comment on a theme thats all, blimey!!! I think its amazing that some folks can get so wound up by something so small! (me included sometimes, but hey whats in a name eh? )

Guest garlic--bread
    But it actualy wasnt was it?!?!?!!? ;)

Sorry but that's what the report said !:err:

Guest Rachael Reeve

Chill out, its only a comment. only a name! I think she was just showing how things have moved on in the UK. My kids don"t have British names!