Sign in to follow this  
Guest deleriumal

Health issues

Guest deleriumal

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help out. As I have mentioned in other posts dh and I have been offered jobs in Adelaide and so long as we get our ielts and fill in the paper work I had presumed that everything would just move along. However having read through this forum I am a little concerned about the medical aspect of things. We are both Nurses and have allocated jobs to go to but they haven't asked about health aspects or issues.

Thing is DH is diabetic, has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. They are all managed on medication, his blood pressure issues have been around for a while, but the other 2 are 6 month old diagnoses. Could this scupper any chances we have of getting to Oz?

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here.

I see no one else has jumped in, so for what they're worth here are my comments. I was granted my visa in Feb 2008. DIAC made clear on their website that even serious conditions would not necessarily cause them to reject your application, but that any relevant medical conditions should be disclosed. At that time the only condition which they identified as potentially causing a rejection was tuberculosis.

Things could have changed, but if so the info should be on DIAC's website.

Of course, others on here may have direct experience which indicates that DIAC are not quite so accommodating as they appear when it comes to decision time. I wouldn't know, but hopefully any one with different personal experience will post.

Guest deleriumal

i've had a look thanks and you're right the main ones are tb hepatitis and hiv though there is a bit about being overweight and related conditions which dh would be considered under....time for some serious dieting methinks!!:chatterbox:

Guest nicandchris

hi my oh has high bp which isnt controlled by medication at the moment as hes trying to get it down by himself by losing weight which actually does seem to be working. I made a thread about this some time ago re his bp and the advice was that if its controlled by meds then its ok. I would imagine similar for the diabetes? He has accepted however that if his bp isnt under control ie around 1130/135 over 90 or less by after xmas then hell go on meds as we dont want this to effect our visa (im an rmn with a job lined up). Id worry about the ielts though! I keep banging on about it generally cause its a b loody nightmare!!!

Guest deleriumal

Thanks guys that's a bit of a relief since both conditions are managed with meds at the moment. He gets really uptight because even in my pregnant state my bp is 100% better than his!!

We too are both RMN's, we presently have jobs lined up so long as we get our IELTS Asap. I will admit it is a little daunting since they seem so pernickity about the answers even though it means the same!! definately not geared to folks with a broad english vocab!! Bidding on study books as we speak!!

Guest nicandchris
    Thanks guys that's a bit of a relief since both conditions are managed with meds at the moment. He gets really uptight because even in my pregnant state my bp is 100% better than his!!

We too are both RMN's, we presently have jobs lined up so long as we get our IELTS Asap. I will admit it is a little daunting since they seem so pernickity about the answers even though it means the same!! definately not geared to folks with a broad english vocab!! Bidding on study books as we speak!!

where do you live?

Guest deleriumal

Glasgow,

Having read your signature I suspect that you may be going with the same agency as we are....we have had to postpone our initial plans as I found out I was pregnant and the money wasn't initially forthcoming, but now my pay issue has been resolved and I have 6 years back pay to look forward to which will fund the whole expedition.

Looking toward Nov 11 so you'll be natives by that time!!

Guest nicandchris
    Glasgow,

Having read your signature I suspect that you may be going with the same agency as we are....we have had to postpone our initial plans as I found out I was pregnant and the money wasn't initially forthcoming, but now my pay issue has been resolved and I have 6 years back pay to look forward to which will fund the whole expedition.

Looking toward Nov 11 so you'll be natives by that time!!

lucky you im very jealous! Im just finishing my maternity leave now and backto work the beginning of Dec unfortunately, are you doing the 457 visa? We cant afford to get the visa until i return and get my proper pay so that wont be until around Jan but im trying to get my registration stuff sorted out as best i can now. We hant put the house on the market as it still needs work so we may be looking at November too!!