ischa

Toddler Football and swimming?

Hi All,

Just arrived and are looking for a little football class/ group for our 3 year old - that is all he is asking for.

Also if anyone can recommend good swimming classes for him, if possible ones where I don't have to go in with him as I've got a 1 year old.

We are currently living in Brighton but will be looking around this area, up to Hallett Cove and around Henley Beach.

Thanks, your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Lindi

Guest Chandan

hi,

My 4 year old son has swimming lessons with Personal Best Aquatics.

He started a term ago, had been swimming with us a handful of times prior to that in shallow water, so he had no experience, today he swam 3 metres unaided! So I will sing the swim schools praises as he has come along so far so quickly! lessons are $14.50 for 1/2 lessons and there are so many lesson times to choose from, they also run specials sometimes where you can get another lesson in the same week for half the price, or have an hour lesson if space is available in the next class. They have a baby class on at the same time in the same pool which may be handy if you wanted to do that at the same time with your little one, or you can watch on the sideline. Also it is in Immanual College so it is a state of the art complex with great parking and facitlites. (not far from Brighton)

Home page of Personal Best Aquatics Swim School, Immanuel College in Adelaide and Kokoda pool in Townsville

If you do decide to take a trial class/join please mention that Dylan Hirons mum sent you , I think we then both get a free lesson!! ;)

(As for football, I havent got a clue, but if you do find something local can you let me know too as I havent got round to looking and would be keen to sign Dyl's up.)

Guest Chandan
    There's Swimming School - Swimming Lessons - Learn to Swim - Baby Swim Lessons - State Swim, Adelaide South Australia

My grand-daughters both learned to swim (the 4 year-old can do impressive backstroke and front crawl and is almost as profecient as her 7 yearold sister) at this swim centre near the Marion Shopping Centre

I phoned State Swim 3 times in a week and left messages as they were to busy to take my details then and there, so waited to be called back, actually spoke to humans not answering machines, they didnt return my phone calls, I them phoned Best Aquatics and signed up and started the next day. maybe a one off, but lousy customer service on 3 different days... not a good welcoming attitude.

I phoned State Swim 3 times in a week and left messages as they were to busy to take my details then and there, so waited to be called back, actually spoke to humans not answering machines, they didnt return my phone calls, I them phoned Best Aquatics and signed up and started the next day. maybe a one off, but lousy customer service on 3 different days... not a good welcoming attitude.

Shame about that - we called in person to have a look round and they couldn't have been more helpful. They are always terribly busy and admittedly some days don't always have enough staff to take bookings, deal with people at the desk and answer the phones.

Guest Peachie

Hi both of my kids swim at the Barton (as do most of the local school swim lession) the have a huge aus swim program where little ones from about 2 are in small groups with the instuctor so parents don't get wet my daughers is now squad grade so will stop lessions now as taken up other sports son will continue as developing a cracking freestyle (if only he didn't need air!!!) he is six and is good at diving and is already confident in deep water:cute: