Children and Wine Tour?

Riponian

OK here's thing......We have friends coming for just a few days whislt they tour South & East Australia and have stated that they must do a wine tour!! Thing is we have a 4yr and 2yr old and wine and children don't really mix. :sad:

Was thinking we could just go to local winery in Mclaren Vale for Lunch and a bit of wine tasting along with it. Anyone recommend any child friendly places??

Then maybe send them up to the Barossa as well.

Read the previous thread about wine tours and really don't think it covers what I need.

Anyone with any suggestions that would be great. :)

If you ask at the McLaren Vale tourist information centre, they can give you a map of the winerys and also highlight those most child friendly

Off the top of my head - there is a slide and stuff and woodstock (plus nice looking restaurant). Open lawn and cubby at Leaconfield (plus nice lunch platters). Wirra Wirra has a big lawn area to run on and picnic benches to enjoy cheese and crackers. Sure people will suggest their other favourites too. Can be done easy enough I reckon, obviously not gonna fit loads of cellar doors in with kids in tow, but 4 is pretty do-able I reckon. Ours are always ok at that.

Enjoy your tour!