Booking flights this weekend!

likesshopping

Hi all. I have been looking around at flight on t'internet for ages and I went into some agencies today. We have decide to book our flights this weekend - I know it may seem mad to some, as we havent got our visas yet and we did have some problems with the medicals.......but hey, Ive come this far, sold house, sold car, sold funiture - I may as well go the whole hog !!

I did think that because we want to go in July, that it would somehow be cheaper as its their winter - but apparently not. I think we've got a good deal - paying £2150 for all four of us, that includes a 3night stopover in singapore with hotel accomodation and free admission to a few attractions. All we need to get is some insurance.

Price was a few hundred pound more during July, so at this price we are flying out on 15th July and land in Adelaide on 19th.

So, is this a good deal?

sarahx

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah

Well done on sorting your dates!! Not mad as we done this too :lol: We knew before xmas we would be going on 22nd April and booked all hotels etc (also stopping in Singapore for 4 nights) so we had dates to work towards........10 weeks to go and no visa yet :lol:

Price seems good to me for flying in August as in the middle of our summer holidays so will be more. We are paying £1200 for 2 adults and 1 child end of April and £800 for 4 nights in the hotel so for the time of year you got a good price.

Lisa :D

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah

We applied for OAA as soon as we had our arrival date and there was an option to say which area you preferred on the form.

We figured if applied early we would have more chance of getting it :D

Lisa

Guest donna T

What fantastic news - I think that booking the flights was somehow the most 'making it real' thing we did. Somehow once you have a date booked, you really have something to work around - it's great telling people exactly when you are going to be going rather than unspecified date inthe Summer.

We requested OAA as soon as we booked the flights and exactly 4 weeks before departure they came through to confirm it - we too requested an area that we liked thelook of - no idea where we actually have been allocated until nearer the time.

Hi Donna.....really gutted for you that your house fell through....what a nightmare. You've put on your signature that you cancelled your flights..did you lose all the money or are you able to transfer to another date?

Also, how did you both look at the OAA - im finding it so difficult at getting my head around all the suburds.

Do you know where I can get a map of all the suburds?

Thanks

sarahxx

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah

You can fill in your details here and get a free pack including a suburb map - http://www.southaustralia.biz/move/register.htm

or there are a few links on Adelaide Bound to online maps - http://www.adelaidebound.com/maps.htm

We just put a general area in the south as we know this is roughly where we would like to be

:D

Lisa x

Guest donna T

Hi Sarah

I never actually got around to cancelling the flights and we have had another offer on the house so think we will go anyway and leave the house inthe solicitors hands - scary!

We put for the OAA - Fulham GArdens because it looks lovely although probably too expensive for us - actually if it is that expensive there is no way there will be OAA there so we could end up anywhere :D

Hi Lisa and Donna

Thanks for info on OAA - Going to look into this week.

Hubby had the day off work yesterday 'cos of the snow - We had such a fab day with the kids in the snow!

It was also our wedding anniversary - 5 years (been together for 11) and went to sydney for our honeymoon - this time 5years ago.

We rounded off the day by walking to the travel agents and booked our flights, we are now staying at singapore for 4 nights, staying at the Furama City Centre. Flying from heathrow on 15th august and arriving in Adelaide on 21st..............we then walked to the THai restuarant, but it was shut so had to make do with a meal at the local chinese!!

Been speaking to our agents about our medicals who say that we dont have anything to worry about.

Really excited about staying in Singapore, our ticket inlcudes free admissions to a few attractions too.

Just got 7 months to get thin!!!!

Lisa - I only log on to see if you have your visa yet !!

Hope you're all well

sarahxxx

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah

Happy anniversary for yesterday - sounds like you had a lovely day in the snow. We must have been the only bit of the UK to get rain instead :roll:

When you go to Singapore take the kids to the night safari and the day zoo. They are amazing - so good this is why we planned a stop over too so we could take Dawn :lol:

CO is back from leave Monday so fingers crossed we get the news we have been waiting for in the next week or so :D

Take care

Lisa x

Hi Sarah, I am also on a diet :lol: - don't want to be a pasty pom in a bikini :oops: See you at the midlands meet up. Fingers and everything crossed Lisa - can't wait to hear you've finally got your visa - you deserve it! :)

Cari

PS snowing here again - going to get the kids by sledge :lol:

Aah Donna you are so upbeat & funny, you so deserve to still be able to hop on the flight that you have! Good luck.

Same to you Lisa, with the visa, any day now my dear you will be posting us a thread. Good luck.

I am always dieting although today I have a stinking cold & I felt it coming Monday this week, so I have eaten like a pig to :oops: food is a comfort after all, for me anyway :wink:

Singapore flights for July are more expensive than June & August - which I thought was wierd :roll: this was a price from American Express, a colleague I know works there. Came in around:

One Way Adult fare - 554.70 AUGUST

One Way Child fare - 461.70 AUGUST

Plus 7.00 per ticket for 1 stop-over

I am thinking of Air NZ via LA, the only thing that puts me off is the actually flight time could be a lot longer

Angela

Girls

I just wanted to say you really made me laugh tonight reading your posts about your diets etc, Thank you so much it really cheered me up :) I have just spent a few days in hospital having a minor op and have been feeling a bit down :cry: you all seem a really nice bunch of people, Hope all the diets and flight bookings work out well for you all... PS any diet tips I could do with losing a few pounds myself.... still carrying the English winter warmer around my belly :shock:

Guest donna T
Girls

I just wanted to say you really made me laugh tonight reading your posts about your diets etc, Thank you so much it really cheered me up :) I have just spent a few days in hospital having a minor op and have been feeling a bit down :cry: you all seem a really nice bunch of people, Hope all the diets and flight bookings work out well for you all... PS any diet tips I could do with losing a few pounds myself.... still carrying the English winter warmer around my belly :shock:

Hope you are feeling better and the op went well - no diet tips (except it is half term and I have spent the past 2 hours racing around the house trying to stop the 2 children from killing each other with Pirates of the Caribbean swords - does that count as exercise!!)

Thanks Donna, Yes Im getting better by the day, just want to get over to Adelaide as it seems everything is in limbo at the moment, your kids sound great My little monster Acacia 3yr old is at nursery this week so the house seems very quite without her!!! and very tidy... Now where is that TV remote...