Monster munch

ian mc

also had them in Blackaby's Tea Tree Plaza yesterday along with hula hoops and scampi fries!

OMG Wendy you didn't go in that shop did you????!! And you made it out again?? Love the concept in there of picking your favourite sweets, then they'll zizz them all up in a blender and make a milkshake for you!

I don't allow anyone from my family to go in there though!

If anyone sees Twiglets I'd love to know, I had a bag brought over it was great to have them, seen them in the Lolly shop bit too expensive!

definately had twiglets at the continental deli in the Collonades, cant believe how much I just paid for a few bags of crisps!!!

Guest Martin and Val
also had them in Blackaby's Tea Tree Plaza yesterday along with hula hoops and scampi fries!

An Aussie friend from work bought me 3 bags of monster munch from there last week as we had been talking about English crisps. Watch the dates, all 3 bags were out of date but I enjoyed them anyway. I went in myself last weekend to get quavers but they were also out of date so I didn't bother.

$10 for 3 bags I think it was.

Martin

An Aussie friend from work bought me 3 bags of monster munch from there last week as we had been talking about English crisps. Watch the dates, all 3 bags were out of date but I enjoyed them anyway. I went in myself last weekend to get quavers but they were also out of date so I didn't bother.

Martin

Close to the dates in ritos too

Guest lastboyscout

Martin

Mate, give me a nudge when the Shreddies are in , out of date or not, they won`t last long :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest verulam

I have the opposite problem looking for australian stuff here in the UK for Aussie hubby! I know theres the Sanza shop etc in London, but as we're up in the frozen north I begrudge the postal costs!! haha....we were in our local Asda last week and hubby froze to the spot "theyve got chicken crimpies in!" he cries..sure enough Arnotts Shapes..boxes and boxes of them. I have to say a few ended up in our trolley, along with vegemite (yuck) and some VB. Now he is hunting for Samboy crisps!

Guest Martin and Val
Mate, give me a nudge when the Shreddies are in , out of date or not, they won`t last long :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Will do Lee, if I see them you can have them all I never liked them anyway!:nah:

Guest Brummie

come into the shop where I work we have 3 packs of English crisps on special for $5 (sorry this doesn't include twiglets) Choc o nuts Golden Grove and Ingle Farm. We also sell other lines of uk lollies.

come into the shop where I work we have 3 packs of English crisps on special for $5 (sorry this doesn't include twiglets) Choc o nuts Golden Grove and Ingle Farm. We also sell other lines of uk lollies.

Lol the funny this is I came on to say about that:biglaugh:. I was in there no money in my purse and the atm was down!! see ya Monday in my lunch break :D

Guest Guest75
Yes yes yes

i miss nothing english what so ever!!!

Make the move to the other side of the world, do and eat as they do!!!

Pomms go to certain places in the world and can't even wander the shops in a skirt!!

Come to oz, don't moan...get on with it!!!

No wonder so many return back to the uk after a few minor months!!!!

You are very fortunate indeed - I've been here over 10 years now and still miss the odd UK product. But I'm not in denial :cute:

I eat red meat in large quantities,drink lots of beer and wine (not Whine),I volunteer.

I'm getting on with it - but not making a fuss :cute:

Not saying a healthy debate is wrong but personal attacks and the manner in posting were wrong.

Any further posts - please keep civilised!!!!:policeman:

Pack it in - I now have to follow up on this thread,read every post and chuck out the rubbish and arguments - :skeptical:

Guest garlic--bread

Glad you took out the unsavoury posts Tyke....

Theres a few things I hope I can get when i get to Adelaide, just little things....I love my pork, beef and black pudding sausages. I'm glad about the pickled onion monster munch though, quite partial to a bag now and again, though what about CHIPSTICKS?

Also how much is Dr. Pepper ?? and can you obtain it quite easily? (love it with JD) then there is my hobgoblin bitter which I know I'll be able to treat myself with now and again :)

Russ

Guest Guest75

Theres a few things I hope I can get when i get to Adelaide, just little things....I love my pork, beef and black pudding sausages. I'm glad about the pickled onion monster munch though, quite partial to a bag now and again, though what about CHIPSTICKS?

Also how much is Dr. Pepper ?? and can you obtain it quite easily? (love it with JD) then there is my hobgoblin bitter which I know I'll be able to treat myself with now and again :)

Russ

Snags are not as good here - but a good friend and I are in the process of making our own - Cumberland next week I think ;)

Seen Dr Pepper around.

Hogoblin and many UK ales for sale in Dan Murphy's.

Had a few pints of Speckled Hen in a small and lovely town Called Macclesfield last week.

Surreal and lovely place with a surreal price for the ale!:shocked:

Twiglets are on little snack I'd like to eat again.

As with many things from the UK - can do without them but nice to have a taste of them now and again - comfort food;)

Guest guest3462

Well, I have to say that i am honoured to live in this great country, but I am British thru and thru and love my familiar comfort foods........:biglaugh:

I'm going back to the UK in 2 weeks and have a shopping list as long as my arm for us and for friends!!! I'm really looking forward to a sausage roll from Greggs and real mushy peas on my chips!!!

Some things on my bring back list so far are:

Chicken bisto!!!(lots of it!!)

twiglets

prawn cocktail crisps

penguins

boot no7 make up

aussie mate shampoo (odd they don't sell it here, been here 2 years and just on the last dregs that I brought in the container!!)

English cadbury chocolate

Alpen!! (its too expensive in Coles)

Next and M&S clothes

dummies and other stuff that is cheaper there for the baby (can't buy dummies what i like to use)......

If anyone can think of anything I should be bringing please let me know

Ta muchly!!!

Also how much is Dr. Pepper ?? and can you obtain it quite easily? (love it with JD) then there is my hobgoblin bitter which I know I'll be able to treat myself with now and again

Russ

Have you tried Epping sausages they are the nearest I have found to English sausages.

oooooo mmmmmm chipsticks!!

Well, I have to say that i am honoured to live in this great country, but I am British thru and thru and love my familiar comfort foods........:biglaugh:

I'm going back to the UK in 2 weeks and have a shopping list as long as my arm for us and for friends!!! I'm really looking forward to a sausage roll from Greggs and real mushy peas on my chips!!!

Some things on my bring back list so far are:

Chicken bisto!!!(lots of it!!)

twiglets

prawn cocktail crisps

penguins

boot no7 make up

aussie mate shampoo (odd they don't sell it here, been here 2 years and just on the last dregs that I brought in the container!!)

English cadbury chocolate

Alpen!! (its too expensive in Coles)

Next and M&S clothes

dummies and other stuff that is cheaper there for the baby (can't buy dummies what i like to use)......

If anyone can think of anything I should be bringing please let me know

Ta muchly!!!

Oh yes I love Greggs sausage rolls didn't give them a second thought till now hmmmm lol. have you tried chemistdirect.co.uk for dummies they always have lots on offer and they ship here :)

LOL think you might have trouble bringing penguins back - isn't livestock import banned?!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh: (Sorry I'm feeling puerile this morning!)

Diane this forum needs a spank button some time lol.

My father in law is bringing me a tin of roses (a box of after 8's too) over at Christmas as a tin here was $65 in the lolly shop. I did wonder if he could bring a suitcase full over then I could sell themon here cheap and that will cover his airfare over lol.

Guest guest3462

well we are checking in 2 bags to go back and will be bringing back 4, plus we are shipping the rest of our stuff (lord knows what we have over there that we need after 2 years in storage, will be good fun to look through it all) so I reckon tthere will be plenty of goodies in our cupboards for a choclatey chrimbo!! :-) xxxxx