Diane

Housekeeping? Can you beat my record?

Can anyone beat my record? Decided to empty out the freezer part of my fridge-freezer this weekend....and found sausages, beef and chicken pieces in there with best before dates of October 2004!! Which pretty much means I put them in there when we bought the fridge, and they've been there ever since! Whoops!!

I wanted to give them to the dog but OH says he's had enough of paying vets' bills for a while....

(They have been thrown away now, by the way, I didn't just put them back in there!!!)

Guest guest3462

lol that sounds just like when I was a student and living in our nurses home back in the UK. I once went in the freezer and found frozen food with dates from 1988!!!

Guest MrsHills

I had a tin of lobster bisque (who the heck buys THAT!) it was out of date by about 5 years!

When we bough our first house (before the kids were born) we bought a bag of sugar.

Thee years later when we moved to our new house, the same bag of sugar came with us! :err:

BTW 19 years on and still non of us take sugar in drinks or on cereal.

When we bough our first house (before the kids were born) we bought a bag of sugar.

Thee years later when we moved to our new house, the same bag of sugar came with us! :err:

BTW 19 years on and still non of us take sugar in drinks or on cereal.

So have you still got it then? ;)

We lived with my mother-in-law back in 1994 inbetween moving and I found some packets of jelly mixture from 1976. Thought they might be alcoholic by then but didn't try them. My M-I-L said they didn't have best before dates back then!!

Jo xx