stringfellows

2 weeks to go

this time in 2 weeks we will be on the plane.and now i am really scared.not scared of leaving but scared of arriving.we still havn't got anywere to go when we arrive apart from a tent on west beach campsite which my husband assures me will be fine but i think otherwise ,i guess that is the main reason i am sat here in tears while i write this post.due to only getting my spouse visa a few weeks ago and having to rush everything to get there before my husbands residents return visa runs out mid december,everything feels so disorganised.my emotions are in tatters!i suppose everyone on this forum felt like this at some point and i just want to be reassured that it will all be fine in the end!off to get a tissue and try to calm down now.

Guest Drumms

Hey there Sharon, we too leave in just under 2 weeks, although we are going via NZ for a trip there. We are all over the place. We both got stinking colds, but still needing to wizz round to see everyone (leave them with little germs, something to remind them of us). The days just seem to be flying past, and the butterflies and the standing with hands in the hair, staring at the carpet going 'oh my god' seem to be increasing.

I hope the transition goes smoothly for you. Are you guys having a stop-over?

Kez

Hey there Sharon, we too leave in just under 2 weeks, although we are going via NZ for a trip there. We are all over the place. We both got stinking colds, but still needing to wizz round to see everyone (leave them with little germs, something to remind them of us). The days just seem to be flying past, and the butterflies and the standing with hands in the hair, staring at the carpet going 'oh my god' seem to be increasing.

I hope the transition goes smoothly for you. Are you guys having a stop-over?

Kez

yes,we are having 2 days in singapore.hopefully it will make the journey a bit easier.how long are you going to NZ for?

Guest Drumms

we arrive in Adelaide 23rd Dec, we have a rental in Port Noralonga for a few weeks before trying to find a longer term rental. We leave Singapore 1st Dec (there for 2 nights also). If you fancy meeting up if we are in Singas at the sametime give us a shout.

Guest moonraker1959

Ok I'm going to be honest here and I truly hope I don't upset you but I'm not sure if I would be staying in a tent too long.It sounds ok in theory but anything over 25c and you're going to feel like you're being cooked!I guess it would be ok for a few days,I know you'll have the facilities there,loo's,showers ect but how are you going to keep any food fresh?Or are you going to be eating out all the time?We did alot of camping in my younger days,and to be honest,its quite challenging,just keeping food ect fresh.Have you considered woofing?google Woofing in Australia.The website is easy to navigate.CLick on "Bulletin Board"and scroll down until you come to South Australia.Farms advertise for helpers.The farm accomodates you,feeds you ect and in exchange you might do 4-5(approx)unpaid work for them.This could be anything from painting a wall to feeding lambs!!!Sometimes you might find a farm than needs a couple for 3 mths!!!!!!!!!!!! I know a few people that have done this and have loved it.Ok it won't be in suburbia,but if you can get to the farm thats advertising(either by your own car or bus/train)it'll give you that breathing space you need,you'll be comfortable and in the hours you don't work,you can then look for paid work elsewhere.I'm sorry I'm that that positive on the camping side of things,it might work out great for you,but the woofing might be the way to go????Best of luck !!!xxxxxxxxx

PS You can't "book"a woofing vacancy,you have to purchase the book which will give you the contact details of the farms advertising.Either buy online or pick one up in Adelaide.