tina&steve

swimming pool covers (solar blanket)

hi

does anyone know where is the best place to buy a pool cover????? gonna get one this summer, fed up with water eveporation and cold water!!!!

found one on trading post but was about 6cms too short!!!:sad:

wouldn't mind second hand if in good condition!!

thanks in advance

steve

Guest guest569

We've had some bits from here and found them good value. https://epools.com.au/

We will need a new cover next year as our original one has split ( make sure you cover them up when rolled up on the roller !!!:arghh:). Let me know how you get on.

We got ours off ebay, they do come in different thickness so have a good look around and compare like for like, the thicker the better

Kim

Guest motlyman

Cheap isnt always best.

I use Daisy covers and rollers as i feel they are the best.

The thickness is measured in microns and there are 4 to choose from and obviously the thickest would be the best.

The thickest one may not be suitable for larger pools because of the weight.

Daisy also have a patented design in their covers where the bubble is a consistent thickness whereas others are stretched causing the bubble to be thin on the edged and consequently not last as long.

The warranties are 3,4,5 and 8 yrs depending on type.

The rollers are one piece tubes and not joined half way like some. They are made from marine grade aluminium with stainless steel parts.

They are a little dearer but you get what you pay for.

Colin

Guest guest569

Just to update, I got a new daisy 500 from Colin aka motleyman and it is fantastic. It is so thick and heats the water so much i have had to turn my solar off !! It really makes my old one feekl so cheap , no wonder it didn't last !!!

Thanks Colin.;)

Guest motlyman

When comparing prices with Bunnings and Clarks, remember pp had a 500 micron cover.

Also it was a Daisy cover which is a higher quality cover with an 8 yr warranty.

Colin

The Buunings cover was a Poiseidon. It's a 500 micron with an 8 year warranty.

SA water will only give you the $200 rebate if the cover complies with its specs and these covers do.

If the cover is $500 there's a $100 discount if you work for Bunnings and another $200 from SA water. A $500 cover for $200...now that's a good deal!

Tamara

Guest guest569
    The Buunings cover was a Poiseidon. It's a 500 micron with an 8 year warranty.

SA water will only give you the $200 rebate if the cover complies with its specs and these covers do.

If the cover is $500 there's a $100 discount if you work for Bunnings and another $200 from SA water. A $500 cover for $200...now that's a good deal!

Tamara

If when i had the pool put in 4 years ago my deal was the pool came with a cover,roller,solar ect i can only assume that the pool company had claimed any gov rebates then. can you please tell me if the rebate is only once per household ?? or even once every say 8-10 years ??

Would i be able to claim again on my new cover ??:idea:

Hi,

You can either claim $200 for the cover or $200 for a cover roller.

According to the eligibility:

Eligibility

1) People eligible for the rebates include homeowners, private tenants,

South Australian Housing Trust tenants (including non SA Water

customers) who have purchased eligible products on or after

28 September 2009

I think that the cover rebate is quite a recent one (last couple of years) so I don't think that the property will have claimed one if the pool went in 4 years ago.

Tamara