suzer

Room for a non-Pom moving to Adelaide in a few months?

Hi everyone,

I realise this is a forum for Brits in Adelaide, and although I've lived in England (Leeds and London), I'm originally from Chicago. Don't want to intrude, but will be moving back to Adelaide in a few months and would love to meet and/or chat with others who've made the move. My husband, who is originally from Adelaide, and I, are living in New Zealand at the moment and have been here in Auckland for the past 4 months. We just submitted our spousal visa application this week. I spent 4 months in Australia (3+ of those months in Adelaide) before we came here. A little nervous about the move as it's a smaller city than I'm used to etc, but am looking forward to fixing up the house and settling in a bit after being a bit nomadic the past few years.

Thanks,

Susan

Guest ali@51

welcome to PIA.

Right folkes no more american jokes;)

well only the funny ones:biglaugh:

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome :wubclub:

the more the merrier and since you'll be there much sooner than many of us we'll might just pick your brain alot :jiggy:

that's quite some moving you have done so far.

will adelaide be something more permanent?

Guest Django
    I realise this is a forum for Brits in Adelaide, and although I've lived in England (Leeds and London), I'm originally from Chicago. Don't want to intrude,

Hey no probs. mOZzy's not exactly anglo saxon herself. Mind you, she can speak a fair bit of it:biglaugh: and speaks better english than more the half of Britain.

As far as I'm concerned if you want to go/are thinking about moving to Adelaide/Oz then you are more than welcome. :)

Pete

I won't hold it against you either as I'm American (married to a Brit) so welcome!

Liz (from New York currently living in Cornwall but presently on a reccie in Adelaide)

Welcome to PIA Susan,

People on here are a font of information and help a great deal when delays and other problems come to the surface, so best of luck to you.

Thanks everyone, for all the welcomes. Yep, this will be a more perm move...my husband has a home there and we'll be fixing it up and staying in it long enough to make it worthwhile;) His family and friends are all there and he loves it there, so I'm committed to giving it a go and finding things to like!

Will write more later...out to do some exploring today.

Suzer