Nursing help?? ANMC and/or AHPRA??

Guest fluxsta

Guest fluxsta

Hi, can any nurses out there help. reading some posts on here, and people are applying to the ANMC, but the only people i am applying to for nursing verification/registration is AHPRA?

Could someone clarify this issue for me and in who do i need to apply to!!??

Many thanks

Guest fluxsta
Hi

I sent my registration documents to AHPRA as advised by the agency Im working with.

AHPRA have confirmed its been received,just waiting to hear,takes approx 3 months.

Once I have nursing reg its time to apply for visa.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Jayne

Dear Jayne,

Thanks for your comments. I feel that I have received the answers I was looking for. It appears that the ANMC only do a skills assessment IF you wish to become permanent resident under a 176/175 skilled visa for PR. We (probably like yourself) will be aiming for a 457 business visa with a hope of chaning it to PR once we get there. Big risk with 3 kids under the age of 5, but someone's gotta take em eh? ;-) So, just dealing with the AHPRA is the kind of a relief. It just seems strange seeing as we in the UK just have the trusty NMC to deal with!!!

I presume you are going under a 457 then? I have to trust what the employment agency are stating to me, as they have done this a 1000+ times before, I just got a little panicked, and due to current restrictions on 175/176 skilled visa that is coming into effect 1st July 2011 we are going to follow the route that we were originally of the 457.