Guest martin495

Upholsterer and Leather Technician

Guest martin495

All Repairs etc done your place or mine. fabric, frames leather.

Friendly advice.:cute:0416834677

Guest martin495

Hi depends what are we talking old banger or classic car

best wishes

Martin

Hi Martin, hope you are well. I am thinking of moving to Adelaide some time early next year, my trade is furniture upholsterer. Is there plenty work in our line of work over there, I have my own business in the UK and have loads of conections so work is not a problem. The worrie is starting from scratch may be hard. I manufacture sofas from scratch and employ 20 people, but would like to do something smaller as will still run company from over there, by then it will be mainly internet based. Any advise would be greatly appriciated, oh I buy fabric direct from China and have top contact over there could this work for me?

Regards

Stephen

Guest zoex

Hi

I have just been reading your post's....i had sent my forms off last week for a 176 visa

had a phone call this week to say they can't find a assessor in the uk for a furniture upholsterer ( i need to do my AQF111 Skill test as i had informal training) i have been in the upholstery trade for 24 years. I was wondering if you new of any assessor in the uk or oz? or if you know of any employers who are willing to sponsor people from the uk.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Craig

Guest zoex

Im from Manchester But living in hampshire working down here

Trying to get a visa sorted...Whats your trade?

Guest guest4504

Upholsterer. City and Guilds certified verifier and teacher . The problem you face now is the changes. Before you had to only do about 7 years without qualifications or employed apprenticeship, but had to have your employer list and certify your experience. From what I have now come across you now have to prove you can, design , cut, sew ( to a machinist standard ) , hand sew repair, traditional upholstery ( to master not bedding prep ) and modern inc vinyl + leather . Also able ( with confidence ) to use powered cutting tools. If you pm me I may be able to help further, easier if you were still in Manchester . thanks.