Ferret

Home pc

If I decide to get rid of my home broadband connection, can I just then plug a dongle into my processor for an internet connection?

If I decide to get rid of my home broadband connection, can I just then plug a dongle into my processor for an internet connection?

No, as neither will work without the rest of the PC. :biglaugh:

In thoery the answer is yes but i cant see why you would want to do this for a home PC!

Mobile Internet sticks are very expensive compared to home broadband , you will be paying more , less download usage and slower speeds all for convenience , which isnt necessary when your at home!

If your internets too much , go to Adam Internet - 100gb ADSL2+ no excess charges for $50 a month! - Thats what we're on!

Alex

Guest Guest75
    In thoery the answer is yes but i cant see why you would want to do this for a home PC!

Mobile Internet sticks are very expensive compared to home broadband , you will be paying more , less download usage and slower speeds all for convenience , which isnt necessary when your at home!

If your internets too much , go to Adam Internet - 100gb ADSL2+ no excess charges for $50 a month! - Thats what we're on!

Alex

He,he ( in a nice but smug manner)

ADSL2+ ,no excess,200gb.

$49 per month from TPG.!!!:notworthy::notworthy:

Business clients only - they are giving slots on ADSL2+ to shift us - so more slots on 1+

They actually asked me if I wanted it!!

Paying $59 on 1.5gb for 25gb p/m before!

Guest WhatNow?

Alex

Absolutely agree...I have had a 3 Dongle since I arrived as I expected to be moving around a lot. Very expensive, very restrictive as you get dumped onto a 'roaming' service once out of Adelaide (although Telstra should have better coverage) and the signal is VERY prone to interference - my download speed recently is often little better than dialup back in the UK in the present weather conditions. I'm fairly close to the hills and the signal is consistantly poor at best. Can't wait for the contract period to be up (yippee!) and will then go with one of the fixed broadband providers recommended on PIA.

I use an internet dongle as my main work is done on a laptop in the lounge room, trying to watch tele as well..... Don't use my PC much at all except as an emergency back up. I mainly use the internet dongle for emails and some searches and pay $29.00 for 3GB - I know it isn't much but it suits my useage and I don't need any more or feel like I am missing out. And I can take it away with me when I go on holidays to look up info and check email. It also works on my main PC - and I've used it on other people's laptops.

Thanks for all the responses. I am on the go a lot so definitely need a dongle, was just unsure whether to disconnect internet at home rather than pay 2 lots.

Guest Woody and Jane
    Thanks for all the responses. I am on the go a lot so definitely need a dongle, was just unsure whether to disconnect internet at home rather than pay 2 lots.

If your mobile has 3G and you have data download as part of you mobile package you could always try using your mobile as the dongle and save yourself having to pay for two internet connections.

I used to tether my iPhone to the laptop and browse the internet on the laptop via the phone's internet connection during that fuzzy period before we moved over here. You know the period, you've sold your house and are living in a rental but don't want to sign up to any 12 month contracts as every penny counts.

Woody.

Hi

If your on 3 then you can plug your dongle into a wireless router which we have on for sale and connect that to your PC or laptops.

We bought it and moved into an area without 3 connection.

Regards

Sandra