Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tterrier81

how much money should i take??

Guest Tterrier81

its probably a daft question but im goin to england in april and not sure how much money i should take??,

all my accomadation is sorted so i'll just need money for beer, food and im wanting to do a bit of clothes shoppin while im there (jocks, socks, t-shirts n shorts),

i cant remember how much stuff costs over there so im budgeting around 80-100 pounds a day, do u think this will be enough?

cheers

dan

Guest Tterrier81
    Sounds about right but just a a bit extra for emergencies.

cheers tyke,

hopefully it will get me bye, and luckily my wages will still be going into the bank while im there so i will have a little bit of back up

just hope the price of a pint hasnt gone up too much in the last 7 years

It depends on the area you're visiting and where you like to shop in the UK.

Price of a pint varies from £1.50 to £4.50 in pubs across the country, and pub chain.

Where do you like to shop? Matalan and Primark sell tshirts for £3. Superdry sell them for £30.

You will be able to get by with £80-£100 a day easily unless you have expensive taste in clothes. And the £/$ rate is at a 30 year low at the moment, I just bought some £'s and got a rate of 62.9 cents to the pound!!

Guest tonyg

hi, take as much as you can afford as vat has now gone up to 20%!!! petrol now around £1.30 per litre. mrs and me stayed in south london (croydon) for a few days last week and on average a glass of wine and a pint of lager cost just under £10.00..... (will now have gone up, vat rise)

can get some cheap clothes at primark, mataland ect. hope you have a good time, tonyg.

Guest Tterrier81
    hi, take as much as you can afford as vat has now gone up to 20%!!! petrol now around £1.30 per litre. mrs and me stayed in south london (croydon) for a few days last week and on average a glass of wine and a pint of lager cost just under £10.00..... (will now have gone up, vat rise)

can get some cheap clothes at primark, mataland ect. hope you have a good time, tonyg.

cheers tony, i will be up north in yorkshire, been doing a bit of research and it think i will have enough, hopefully beer isnt as expensive up north, my holiday money willl soon be gone at nearly a tenner for 2 drinks