Guest rorym

Provisional visa holders

Guest rorym

I'm looking to make contact with anyone who is on a provisional visa, so we can discuss a number of issues which affect us, ie, no medical cover, converting into permanent residency after two years, etc etc, so please PM me

Thanks

Rory

I don't know how to PM you (should do after all this time!!) couldn't find the right button. Anyway, if you want to PM me your questions, I'm happy to help. Been here 2 years on a provisional now

Letti

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Hi Rory & Fiona

I've sent you a PM, I'm more than happy to help answer any questions you may have, we came over on a Provisional Visa Sept 2009. We lived in Sandhurst in the UK which was only just down the road from you if you're in Camberley.

Kind regards

Lisa

I don't know how to PM you (should do after all this time!!) couldn't find the right button. Anyway, if you want to PM me your questions, I'm happy to help. Been here 2 years on a provisional now

Letti

Hi Letti

At the side of a persons post it shows their name (on the left, above their picture, in a slightly bigger font and underneath something like Junior Member, Senior Member whatever). If you click on the name with your mouse it brings up a drop down box and the second option on that is "Send a Private Message to XXXX" Click on that and Bob's your Uncle!

HTH

Diane

Hi Guys

We were in Yateley & Fleet so just up the road from you guys, we too came on a provisional visa and are now permanent there is a new post in the migration section about this subject as well, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all. or ask away there are many many helpful people ont he site who have been in the same boat.

Good luck with everything

Kim

Guest caoimhe

Just to let you know you DO have medical cover, you are entitled to Medicare because the UK and Oz have an agreement to 'take care' of each others citizens. With 4 kids we used a lot of Medicare during our provisional residency and never paid anything

Guest rorym

Thanks Lisa & Kevin

I have (well hopefully) PM'ed you too, so please let me know if you do or don't receive my PM

Cheers

Rory

Guest rorym

Actually thanks to all of you who have replied. much appreciated

merry christmas to you all

rory:12:

First of all Hi... I am probably going to be on a Provisional Visa too, and wanted to ask if the lack of medicare, or apparently not lack of medicare for Brits, is the only difference when on a provisional visa? Is there a difference when searching for work?