Guest guest5933

News for nurses

Guest guest5933

Hello all,

Have received some information from the agency who have hooked me up with a job in Adelaide, as many will know the delays in processing of registration via AHPRA are currently an obstacle. Currently awaiting this myself after paperwork couriered to them in August 2010, personally am expecting mine any time now as they they have been working on my application for a few months now....

"For all of you who have submitted registration applications to AHPRA good news has

finally arrived; registration applications are now being processed inside three

months. Since the formation of the new board we have been concerned about the

timeframes given to us by the AHPRA, but now nurses who submitted their

applications in August have started to receive confirmation letters of their eligibility

to register so there is movement. In other news, the AHPRA recommends all nurses get their

registration applications in ASAP as they are expecting 30,000 local graduate applications in the

coming months. The AHPRA is now accepting applications at all its offices, so now to speed up

the process you can send your application to the office nearest to your job offer location.

On the IELTS front, there has been some wrong information given to many nurses

about the IELTS requirement. The AHPRA call centres were informing nurses that if

they did complete their secondary education in English that they would be eligible

for registration without the need for IELTS. O’Grady Peyton raised this issue with the

AHPRA and they explained that this information was given out by misinformed call

centre staff. The previously outsourced call centre is soon to be phased out over the

next few months and will be brought in-house at the AHPRA.

According to the IELTS test centres next year the IELTS cost will rise to £130 so it is

more important than ever to pass first time.

For all nurses travelling to South Australia the SA Health Service has introduced new

immunisation requirements. These requirements are quite comprehensive and require

you to produce documentation from your GP/occupational health department; stating

that you have had the required immunisations or/and an antibody titer, which

documents your immunity.

Currently on average DIAC are now processing and granting 457 visas within a

seven week period. This reduced processing time has helped to counteract the

significant processing time taken by the AHPRA."

via O'Grady Peyton recruitment.

I have to say myself I may have been one of the lucky ones as I have managed to get replies from emails to AHPRA keeping me sort of up to date. Google 'AHPRA delays' and you will see this affects a lot of folk, whether Aussies or visitors. Fortunately the employers are ok with the delay and will put back the start date for work :-)

Guest Daisy Duke

Don!

I don't believe I have just seen you on here! I was in your year at uni in Portsmouth - Andy's group, and I'm going to Adelaide in March! God, thats so funny! Message me you number, and i'll give you a bell!

Guest Newby 2011

It actually states on AHPRA's own web site that if you're secondary education was delivered and assessed in English and if you can provide proof of this, then you do not need to sit an IELTS test. So I don't know why they are blaming call handlers for giving out this info when they have it on their website. Ahpra are so utterly disorganised, full of misinformation.

Hi Don,

Thank you for that information, really helpful. What I don't understand is why you haven't had your skills assessed by the ANMAC. I'm waiting for my skills assessment to be approved now. Then was going to apply for SS, then visa and ahpra. Am I doing this wrong???

Bev

Guest kenco

hi hope you can help i am a rgn going through the application process since feb 2011 i have now received an e mail from apra requesting further information from NMC uk ie a good conduct record, which is no problem, i am just turned 50 2 days ago and about to sit the OET test, born in the UK and educated in the UK im justwondering if this will help with any points at all ? my husband is a gas fitter and is trying to find a job there with potential interviews pending ? does he have to sit an OET test ? we are both struggling to to find the best visa s to apply for do you have any idea ? your help would be gratefrully received thanks

Hello all,

Have received some information from the agency who have hooked me up with a job in Adelaide, as many will know the delays in processing of registration via AHPRA are currently an obstacle. Currently awaiting this myself after paperwork couriered to them in August 2010, personally am expecting mine any time now as they they have been working on my application for a few months now....

"For all of you who have submitted registration applications to AHPRA good news has

finally arrived; registration applications are now being processed inside three

months. Since the formation of the new board we have been concerned about the

timeframes given to us by the AHPRA, but now nurses who submitted their

applications in August have started to receive confirmation letters of their eligibility

to register so there is movement. In other news, the AHPRA recommends all nurses get their

registration applications in ASAP as they are expecting 30,000 local graduate applications in the

coming months. The AHPRA is now accepting applications at all its offices, so now to speed up

the process you can send your application to the office nearest to your job offer location.

On the IELTS front, there has been some wrong information given to many nurses

about the IELTS requirement. The AHPRA call centres were informing nurses that if

they did complete their secondary education in English that they would be eligible

for registration without the need for IELTS. O’Grady Peyton raised this issue with the

AHPRA and they explained that this information was given out by misinformed call

centre staff. The previously outsourced call centre is soon to be phased out over the

next few months and will be brought in-house at the AHPRA.

According to the IELTS test centres next year the IELTS cost will rise to £130 so it is

more important than ever to pass first time.

For all nurses travelling to South Australia the SA Health Service has introduced new

immunisation requirements. These requirements are quite comprehensive and require

you to produce documentation from your GP/occupational health department; stating

that you have had the required immunisations or/and an antibody titer, which

documents your immunity.

Currently on average DIAC are now processing and granting 457 visas within a

seven week period. This reduced processing time has helped to counteract the

significant processing time taken by the AHPRA."

via O'Grady Peyton recruitment.

I have to say myself I may have been one of the lucky ones as I have managed to get replies from emails to AHPRA keeping me sort of up to date. Google 'AHPRA delays' and you will see this affects a lot of folk, whether Aussies or visitors. Fortunately the employers are ok with the delay and will put back the start date for work :-)

Hi Kenco,

I am under the impression the age limit for visas is 45, that's why i'm panicking to get mine in before December.

Bev