minkyme29

Validity of Police checks for 887 visa application.

Hi All

We are on the verge of applying for our 887 visa online, have scanned all our docs and will be applying this coming Monday. I have read that we are not to send police checks until they're requested BUT I can't find any info with regard to the validity of them. We got National Police Checks done back in August when we originally thought we might apply for the visa but then decided to wait a while longer...does anyone know if these are still valid and could be used for our application or would it be better for us to send for new ones?

Hi Guys

you will need to apply for new ones I understand they are only valid for a short period of time. Better to be safe than sorry

Kim

Guest Martin and Val

Most places except your South Australian Police Check for a period of three years. When we applied for our 887 visa I asked if our SA Police checks would be OK to use as they were still in date and I was told to apply for new ones from the Federal Police on Line.

We applied by filling out the forms on line printing them off and then sending them to Canbera. We applied for them a few weeks before we applied for our Visa and had them in our hand within a short period of time.

Cheers and good luck with your application.

Martin

Hi

I remember when applying for my Permanent Visa I had to get Federal Police Checks not SA Police Checks and also I think applied online and they were sent direct to Immigration

Regards

Sandra

We went ahead and applied online on 20th Dec and sent off the August dated police checks too (we decided as we were applying so close to Christmas that sending for new police checks might mean a major hold up and by the time we got them back, Immi might see them as outdated too!. We figured that they will simply request new ones if they're not valid or deemed as too old.

Thanks for your help guys.

:)