Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Standrings

VETASSES - Theory Electrician Test Help!!!

Guest The Standrings

Help!!! I am due to sit my Electrician's Vetasses Theory and Practical test around Feb. They have sent me some guidelines but it all seems a bit vague! I'm most worried about the theory side, as I am a domestic electrician and have not touched OHMs laws since college!! really need to pass first time as it's a £1000 a pop! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Daz:arghh:

Guest johnny.w

If you go onto expats.com electricians there is alot of info on the vettasses test.

I did it in Aug in blackburn and the info on it was really helpfull.

Get the 2 books mentioned 1 electrical calculations 2 electrical testing .

Theory questions on resistors in series/ parallel etc. dont get stessed read the book and it should be no probs.

Practicle you have to wire 2 way light. socket . dist board on a wooden board in a test bay. Then do continuity .ins resistance.polarity checks.

You have to wire a dol motor with overloads. This seems to catch some people out but all i can say is follow the diagram and wire a to b.

There is a safe isolation test as well and you just have to make sure you go through the correct sequences ie when you use your test indicater prove it before and after use.

As i said go onto that website and you will get alot more in depth info.

I passed and are currently waiting on reply for state sponsorship (south aus)

Hope this helps you.

Guest johnny.w

If you go onto expats.com electricians there is alot of info on the vettasses test.

I did it in Aug in blackburn and the info on it was really helpfull.

Get the 2 books mentioned 1 electrical calculations 2 electrical testing .

Theory questions on resistors in series/ parallel etc. dont get stressed read the book and it should be no probs.

Practicle you have to wire 2 way light. socket . dist board on a wooden board in a test bay. Then do continuity .ins resistance.polarity checks.

You have to wire a dol motor with overloads. This seems to catch some people out but all i can say is follow the diagram and wire a to b.

There is a safe isolation test as well and you just have to make sure you go through the correct sequences ie wheen you use your test indicater prove it before and after use.

As i said go onto that website and you will get alot more in depth info.

I passed and are currently waiting on reply for state sponsorship (south aus)

Hope this helps you.