sunnyside

What's Melrose Park like?

Guest Django

Melrose Park is a suburb where commercial meets residential. Factories and shops to the South and West and residential to the North and East. There are a few cafes around and a large shopping area is a little up the Main South Road.

What sort of things do you want to know? I am a Postie based in Melrose Park so know the area well.

Pete

We have taken up short term rental there and possibly extend it if we like the area. So just wanted to get a feel of the place.

We have teenage daughters and a young son so feedback on Primary school and high school.

Thanks

Guest Chandan

We live here!

Depending on what you are used to and what you are looking for. I would suggest you live here abit before extending. It is fab for the shops, we took on a rental without even realising Castle Plaza shopping centre is a two minute walk from us - got lucky there. And anything I want to get is on our doorsteps and if not Marion Shopping centre is down the road (Westfield Marion). There is Marion Swimming Complex also.

We are 10 mins max drive from the beach, 10 mins from the city. Good bus links to the city, city to bay tram accessible to. being in good transport links to the bay would suit your older kids, if they want to hang out with friends etc at the beach/shops.

We moved here in July and will be moving at the end of our tenancy (only because we have a two storey town house, no dishwasher.. and its not what we want really,plus my work and parents live in the eastern suburns.)

Schools for little ones, Black Forest Primary, the kids across the road go there and love it. Then there is Edwardstown Primary, which is whereI wanted to send our 4.5 year old son when he turns five, but we live near to the railway line and sitting there for 10 mins waiting for five trains to pass made me realise how crazy morning drop offs will be. So we went with a school that is connected with the kindy and was my least favourite choice but if we are moving 3 months later I dont mind, with no trains to hold us back!

PM for more info if you like, I'll be happy to help!

Danni

Thanks for the info.

We have decided to live in the area for a while so kids will go to Edwardstown Primary & Unly High.

Any info about these schools highly appreciated.

Guest the4hopes

We are just down the road from you, I have 2 teenage daughters who could meet up with your 2 for shopping etc.

Hi Danni,

As soon as we confirmed the house we started looking for schools.

I have sent an email and waiting to hear from them.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Mari