meet-up with young kids

Guest roula

Wouldn't you know it??????? They got into the swimming (DH went to the pool to register this morning) and the session is at 11.15am.:sad: So I think I will still take them to the park later after the swimming session, and take my chances whether any of you are still there!!!!! Might arrange to tie it in with seeing MIL who lives round the corner from the park but if anyone is planning on hanging around a good time there (totally understand if not!) I suppose I might be there around 1... no obligation. I am on a promise to the children this week to take them to the glandore park anyway so it may as well be today, and if I meet anyone else there, all well and good.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for today!!! I managed to fit in everything I had to do (quick stop at Grandmas on the way home for cup of tea and cooling down!) and really enjoyed the hour or so at the park meeting everyone. So glad that there was a good crowd still there when I got there but would have been ok if there wasn't, I was on a promise!

If anyone fancies same sort of thing next week (someone choose a day and time - I have swimming every day at 11.15 for the next week but can do same again and come along after) there's another good park (better play equipment, more of it but no bike track) behind South Road - will check the road name and get back to you but its near the railway line. Another good park with a fence ALL THE WAY ROUND IT - one of my pre-requisites for good adult conversation if I don't have paranoia about losing someone!

Guest MADTOM

Hi

We live in West lakes Shore. I have a little girl 2.5 years and a little boy 5 in Feb.

I am happy to meet up in Adelaide (no car) if you like. Be great to get kids playing together and me make new adult friends!

Happy new year

Lisa

Guest jodiep

Is Tuesday or Thursday a good day for the meet up next week??? Couldn't make last week's meet up afterall as it was on a Wednesday (my daughter's day at family daycare) and she desperately wanted to go to. Didn't think it would be quite right to come along without her!!

Guest kirrkle

Hi, I'm new to this board, but very keen to get together with other pommie mums for mother's groups or family get togethers~ I have a 2 year old boy and a 6 week old daughter, and live in Wynn Vale. Are there any mother's groups that are up and running that anyone knows of?

thanks heaps, kirsty

Guest kirrkle

ooops,

I should have read all the posts before I posted! If there anymore catchups planned please let me know, I'd love to attend :cute: oh, and i live at Wynn Vale- is anyone close to me?

Guest katieb
ooops,

I should have read all the posts before I posted! If there anymore catchups planned please let me know, I'd love to attend :cute: oh, and i live at Wynn Vale- is anyone close to me?

Hi Kirsty,

I live in Wynn Vale too (Northridge Court) I have a 2 year old boy and a baby on the way in May. I have been attended a Pommy Mums and little ones meet-up for the last year. We meet on a Thursday morning at various playgrounds in the north east of Adelaide. If u are free that day let me know and I will PM you my mobile number.

Can also recommend the Kindergym at Tea Tree Gully my son loves it.

Hope this helps?

Katie

Guest kirrkle

Hi Katie,

Guess what..... I live on Northridge Court too! Thursday's sound great- and if you and your little boy would like to pop round for a playdate that woul;d be lovely too :) Have been thinking about kinder gym, but am unsure of the procedures! Would I need to run around with my son? Silly q?!

Hi Katie,

Guess what..... I live on Northridge Court too! Thursday's sound great- and if you and your little boy would like to pop round for a playdate that woul;d be lovely too :) Have been thinking about kinder gym, but am unsure of the procedures! Would I need to run around with my son? Silly q?!

Hi Kirsty,

Can't believe you live in the same road as me.

No not a silly questions at all I did wonder when I first went what I would have to do. Luckily no you don't have to run around (especially in my current condition). There is a group time thing at the start and the end normally a song with a few silly moves (my son hates that bit just wants to go and play). Then in the middle the whole gym is set up with lots of toys, climbing frames, trampolines etc. There is no structure they very relaxed and can just go on whatever they want. They normally have a theme each term, and change the equipment around each week a bit to make it different. there are lots of Mum's like you who also have a small baby who often but them in a sling or leave them in their pram if having a sleep.

Here is the website:- Classes - Tea Tree Gully Gymsports, Womens Artistic Gymnastics, General Gym, Trampolining, Cheerleading, Kindergym

Would love to meet up for a play date, will send you a PM in a bit, so we can arrange a day.

Katie