Short-term rental / House-share advice

Guest K&M

Hi there me & my husband are due to fly out from the UK on 4th January arriving in Adelaide on 8th Jan and I start work on 17th at Glenside Hospital... Wonder if anyone can help us out with accommodation? :jiggy:

We had really hoped to have somewhere to live lined up by now, but have found letting agents don`t seem to want to deal with us while we`re still in the UK and have told us to contact them on arrival...

The price of rents in Adelaide compared to the UK has really shocked us :shocked:so we`d be happy to houseshare for a while until we find out feet and sort out where we want to live longterm (currently live beachside by the North Wales coast so wouldn`t fancy signing a long lease for anywhere too far inland, but not bothered where we are for a month or two)... However have been on Gumtree houseshares and again have been asked to contact people on arrival, it seems foreigners are regarded with suspicion! ;)

So am just asking for any advice, tips, directions, stories of how other people managed when they first landed, or if anyone knows of a person / people who might be interested in renting to or sharing with a quiet clean house-trained professional couple for s few weeks in January....

Many thanks, Katherine :cute:

You're best off booking a short term rental for a week or two to tide you over when you first arrive, then sorting out a longer term rental in person. January is a very busy time but you could have a look on the short term accommodation providers here: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/jobs-business-adverts/10453-short-term-furnished-rentals.html

Two weeks bond and minimum three months contract required.

Unless you particularly want to rent somewhere initially for three months, I'd say 4 weeks in a short term rental would be plenty of time to find somewhere for longer term. I'd be wary of tying yourself to somewhere for a lot longer than that until you've had a chance to look around and decide where you want to be.

Good luck