Nicky

Carpenter's suburb/work advice needed

We're coming over in February and obviously want to be settling where the work is. I keep hearing that there is plenty of work on building sites in the southern suburbs but for some reason we keep being drawn to Mount Barker, Nairne and up as far as Gawler. Can anyone advise me if there is much work available in these areas, if so which and how easy is it to try to get something lined up before hand or is it easier to approach builders when we arrive? We're really struggling to make initial contacts with anyone who may have any carpentry work available. Actually, we're really struggling to make any contacts at all!!

Both Mount Barker and Gawler are scheduled for huge developments as part of the Greater Adelaide Plan, so I'm sure there will be lots of building going on there. Certainly neither are all that remote either, within easy driving reach of the City. Don't know about Nairne, sorry, but I'm pretty sure a couple of regular posters live that way so hopefully they'll offer you something more detailed.

Thanks Diane. Are you the H2H Diane? You've previously sent me out a profile on Highbury, probably a couple of years ago now! We met up with Judy and Mandy when we came over earlier in the year to validate our visas and are just about to book their services for when we arrive in February. I know we'll find the service they offer invaluable and know we won't be going it alone. It'll be nice to finally meet you.

Nickyx

Hi Nicky

Yes, I'm that one, but I am not directly involved with H2H these days - although still great friends with Judy and Mandy (just have too many other things on!) So glad to hear everything is still happening for you guys, it's a long old process sometimes, but well worth it in the long run, I think. We'll have to get together for a drink or two when you arrive :-)

Best of luck with everything.

Diane