Schools in Sheidow Park & Hallett Cove

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

We are hoping to move to Hallett Cove or Sheidow Park,

Can anyone advise on schools and kindys in area?

I know people have different views but all much appreicated.

Hi there,

We used to live in Hallett Cove so our children started at the R-12. We have no complaints and both have settled really well.

We have recently moved to Sheidow Park - we are not going to move schools as children happy where they are, but Woodend Primary is just around the corner from us and looks like a nice school. Know a couple of people whose children go there too and they seem to like it. Woodend is an R-7 school.

Good luck with your decision making!

Julie

Hiya,

There are 3 schools n Hallett Cove - the R-12 (reception through to Yr12), Hallett Cove East Primary (where my eldest goes) and Hallett Cove South. Know nothing about the south school except that it is very small. I think the East Primary is a lovely school and isn't too big - has a nice community feel to it. There are 2 Kindy's in HC too, the one we attend being Karrara Kindy on Barramundi Drv. It's a small one with again, a great community vibe and acts as a feeder kindy for the East school. Sheidow Park only has the Woodend Kindy and Primary as public schools.... they also have a private primary (called St Martin's I think??). I have looked round the kindy once and found it to be too busy for my liking, but that's just me. I don't know anything about the schools, but I'm sure someone on here will.

Jo xx

Sheidow Park has 2 schools - Woodend and Sheidow Park Primary. It has Woodend Childrens Centre Kindy (next door to Woodend) and Trott Park Kindy which is a stones throw away as the suburbs tend to merge a bit. I would suggest loooking around the schools and kindys as everyone has different views on what suits them. Might be a bit diffiucult in the school hols, but there is normally staff back there at least 1 week before start of term

edit: And jo is right, also St Martin De Porres, which is a private school, but a church one, so probably not so expensive, have no idea