Hutchy

Desperately need car

Hello, hope someone can help. We have been living in Largs Bay near Semaphore Road for almost a month now. We have been relying on public transport up to now, which is really great, but now desperately need a car. Can anyone tell me if any car showrooms are open on Sunday, and can anyone recommend a place to buy (hopefully somewhere close to where we live). many thanks

Guest pompep

Hello - you're not far from us! (We're in Semaphore Park) And public transport around the western 'burbs is, well, intermittent at best. Transporting people is best seen as more of a hobby rather than an actual service.

I'm loathed to recommend any used car dealer - they can see a freshly arrived Pom a mile away - or even a kilometre. However New Port Auto on Port Rd are pretty good. I've bought two cars off them (and will be selling my old little Mitsubishi soon - watch this space!).

On a third I changed my mind and they refunded my deposit in full (although I'm sure that's not their offiical policy - although there are new laws concerning the part refunding of deposits during a new 2-day cooling off period).

The yards don't open on a Sunday but if you can get a lift down Port Rd there are plenty of other yards. Main North Road has a lot more, though. Good luck - and don't forget to factor in stamp duty when you're buying second hand...

Guest 1975micky

returning to the uk shortly and have 2 cars to sell. both bought from a reputable garage in sept 2010. holden commodore or ford falcon. i live in henley beach so let me know if you are interested or would like any more info. thanks.

Thanks for the offer, we've finally bought a car. Sorry meant to post on here, but thanks for all the advice.