browny

Buying a Car

We want to buy a car, is there a list of approved dealers that have been checked by the council?

Has anyone bought from Jax in Clearview?

Thanks,

The Office of Consumer and Business Affairs has a good list of things to check and your rights when buying a car - OCBA - Buying a car . Also if you are serious about a particular car you see then get an RAA inspection done - you have to pay - but well worth it IMO. (Some of them come with a RAA report already.) I paid for an inspection when I bought my car a few years ago and it picked up a few things which they agreed to fix (and didn't) and so was covered for those things under warranty.

We want to buy a car, is there a list of approved dealers that have been checked by the council?

Has anyone bought from Jax in Clearview?

Thanks,

When we were looking for a cheap 2nd car was told to stay clear of jax :policeman:

The Office of Consumer and Business Affairs has a good list of things to check and your rights when buying a car - OCBA - Buying a car . Also if you are serious about a particular car you see then get an RAA inspection done - you have to pay - but well worth it IMO. (Some of them come with a RAA report already.) I paid for an inspection when I bought my car a few years ago and it picked up a few things which they agreed to fix (and didn't) and so was covered for those things under warranty.

Thanks for the info, due to used cars being quite expensive we want to make sure we get a reliable car as spending all our cash on one so no room for error :)

When we were looking for a cheap 2nd car was told to stay clear of jax :policeman:

Oh thanks, we have seen a car there but think i will check them out a bit more before leaping in :)