Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aussie pat

Correction

Guest Aussie pat

I'm sorry I can't find the original thread... but a few weeks ago I posted on a thread about sharks. In it I mentioned a safe swimming beach/lake at Victor Harbor and someone asked if it was at Kent Reserve and I said I thought that might be the name of the reserve. Well we were down at Victor this past week and that isn't right.

The swimming beach (minus sharks!) is on Bartels Boulevard opposite the Cafe on the Lake at Encounter Bay. It's actually set back from the beach. It's in most of the common street directories. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they were in danger of trying to visit it with the wrong information.

A friend and I took our kids and her 80 yo Mum for a swim. Couldn't get granny out of the water though as she was having such a good time!

Guest Ric & Paula

We had a splash there after your post,was great children had a great time thanks.Will be returning with my Mum in New year!

Guest Aussie pat

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. We lost our son and his friend for a while as they took off in their inflatable boat and paddled around the corner past all the houses. Hubby had to drive around the housing estate trying to catch sight of them. They were quite safe but it I'd prefer it if they stayed in sight.