Guest Damien

New job....almost!

Guest Damien

Well, I got the call today from the Fisheries Dept. After assessment centres, character assessments, interview and psychometric testing apparently I have made the grade to be a Fisheries Officer :o. Problem is I have to wait for a suitable vacancy to come up, might take a year as it's dead man's shoes - watch out all you current Officers ;)

And watch out Tyke, HG, Cornish etc, I'll be watching you..................:policeman:

Guest Guest75
    Well, I got the call today from the Fisheries Dept. After assessment centres, character assessments, interview and psychometric testing apparently I have made the grade to be a Fisheries Officer :o. Problem is I have to wait for a suitable vacancy to come up, might take a year as it's dead man's shoes - watch out all you current Officers ;)

And watch out Tyke, HG, Cornish etc, I'll be watching you..................:policeman:

:biglaugh:

Ya know I'm keen on limits.

Congrats!

That would be great to have a job in something you love.

Reckon it would be a pay drop from what you are doing now though??

Guest Damien

Cheers Tyke!

Somehow I've managed to get in the top 4 or 5 from a few hundred applicants. Don't know how that happened :biglaugh: I'll be having a pretty big pay cut (ie $20k) but money isn't everything. The way I look at it is as long as we've got enough to survive, the kids have what they want and the mrs is happy then I can do the job I love.

I've just got to wait for the right vacancy, they match people to the role and location. Will mean moving to the country though, great, another move......will be unsettling forn the kids in the short term.

Won't be happening yet though so I'll still be around next year. Sorry.

Damien

Guest moonraker1959

Congratulations!Must be a fantastic feeling to do something you love.Money definately is'nt everything,quality of life is!All the best and I hope a vacany comes up soon for you!:anisanta:Merry Xmas to you too!

Guest motlyman
    Cheers Tyke!

Somehow I've managed to get in the top 4 or 5 from a few hundred applicants. Don't know how that happened :biglaugh: I'll be having a pretty big pay cut (ie $20k) but money isn't everything. The way I look at it is as long as we've got enough to survive, the kids have what they want and the mrs is happy then I can do the job I love.

I've just got to wait for the right vacancy, they match people to the role and location. Will mean moving to the country though, great, another move......will be unsettling forn the kids in the short term.

Damien

Why would you be moving to the country?

Is it rivers and dams? I thought it was to do with the sea!:goofy:

Colin

Guest Guest75
    Cheers Tyke!

Damien

So we have to kill someone for you to get the perfect job??:cool:

Sure it can be arranged - PIA can do anything.

Guessing by country you mean the next peninsular? (Yorkes)

Guest Damien

Cheers all! Most positions are rural, mainly focussed around the processing plants so it'll be somewhere like Ceduna, Kinston or Port Lincoln. The job is mainly commercial fishery work and will involve being out to sea for up to 10 days, aerial surveillance etc - will be ace just got to play the waiting game now.....

Guest Damien

Can't believe it, after them saying I'd have to wait a year........ I had a great day on the boat today, caught loads (of bait), got home, phone rang.........seems that I'm posted to Mount Gambier starting end of Jan subject to the current incumbent not changing his mind - so fingers crossed! :D:policeman: