Sign in to follow this  
Guest mark&rachel

Mr Whippy

Guest mark&rachel

Just thought i would see if we are missing anything and get some opinions.

Had a mate over this week so done all the tourist bits and not once did we see an ice cream van near the beach.

Is this an untapped source or is it just too hard to do?

Rachel cant get a job for love nor money so thinking of this. (no customer service skills even though she was a copper for 15 years) go figure!!!

I Love Australia though!!

Guest tinkham_lee

I have seen an ice cream van driving around in the Port Noarlunga/Seaford area, but never seen him stopped or playing musical tunes.

At the weekends Maslin Beach caravan park have a 4x4 and trailer that drives down to Aldinga Beach/Silversands selling ice creams, but they don't have a whipping maching, only a deep chest freezer with ice lollies that you can buy from a supermarket for half the price. I don't know if they have started doing it this year yet.

Guest guest3462

Keep looking in your junk mail, as we keep on getting an ad that want franchisees for icecream vans!! I thought of it once myself, but decided against it cos Lizzie would eat all the profits!!!

Guest dittydotty1

hi,

i have seen one at st. kilda adventure playround but again just ice lollies etc. no actual ice cream whippy machine

Guest kangomik

There must be a reason why they are not there, i guess it's down to the licence and the local deli's etc will have it sorted.

WHen you next see that ice cream van travelling the neighbour hood stop them, and ask for what every you want, take a bout 40 dollars and make sure you have lots of room in the freezer, especially if each emeber of the family wants a different sort of ice cream:biglaugh:

I rolled around in the garage laffing when my wife did this.

Guest moonraker1959

Have you tried to eat an iceblock/icecream outside in mid summer?You're practically drinking the thing!:biglaugh:Imagine a whippy type icecream?It would be melted before you could even take it off the person serving!