Guest PommyPaul

Parent visa????

Guest PommyPaul

I'm on the Gold Coast now, but still read a fair bit on here as it's a good busy site!

I need some help with the Parent Visa!

Can anyone recommend a migration agent? I need an established one that wont disappear overnight and has offices both here in OZ and in the UK - Gold Coast and Surrey/London/Sussex would be ideal. It's for my Mum who wants to emigrate here, we have checked all the criteria and she passes on them all but doesn't have the CPV money so it would have to be Subclass 103!!!!

Are there any ways that the visa can be sped up - applying on shore etc.... I have sent an email to the parent visa immi link but had no reply on processing times - anyone know what they are??

Other than a student visa how can my mum come and live here until the 103 gets granted. I was told that it is not possible to get a bridging visa - is that true??

Any help would be greatly appreciated :notworthy:

My mother came here on an 864 (contributory aged parent) and onshore applications had a much shorter queue that any other stream. She HAD to be in Australia when the visa was granted though as otherwise it'd all be off. She needed a bridging visa as well because she left the country between the application and the visa grant.

It's all a question of timing but can be done easily enough, probably even easier with a migration agent taking charge. We sorted ourselves out though and it worked out ok.

Guest katsmajic

Do a search for posts by gollywobbler, shes the fountain of information re parent visas, i know the waiting list for the normal parent visa is horrendous, and not really an option - i looked at it for my mum.

Guest PommyPaul

Thanks guys, will have a look for gollywobler.

CPV's are not really an option unless some money magically appears!

I'm on the Gold Coast now, but still read a fair bit on here as it's a good busy site!

I need some help with the Parent Visa!

Can anyone recommend a migration agent? I need an established one that wont disappear overnight and has offices both here in OZ and in the UK - Gold Coast and Surrey/London/Sussex would be ideal. It's for my Mum who wants to emigrate here, we have checked all the criteria and she passes on them all but doesn't have the CPV money so it would have to be Subclass 103!!!!

Are there any ways that the visa can be sped up - applying on shore etc.... I have sent an email to the parent visa immi link but had no reply on processing times - anyone know what they are??

Other than a student visa how can my mum come and live here until the 103 gets granted. I was told that it is not possible to get a bridging visa - is that true??

Any help would be greatly appreciated :notworthy:

Hi PommyPaul

How old is your mother, please? Also, does she have a job at the moment? If yes, what is her occupation, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest ratchet

Gill I wonder if you might be able to help me out with the parent visas too? I will PM you ( Having IT glitches, im sorry if you have received the pm numerous times!)

Paul sorry to highjack your post! x

Hi PommyPaul

How old is your mother, please? Also, does she have a job at the moment? If yes, what is her occupation, please?

Cheers

Gill