Going Back..... The Return!!!

The Monaghans

Guest Guest75
I think there are 3 cathegories of migrants, I guess it depends where people are coming from:

1. If living in Australia comes with worse living standard and more complications in life, no job options.. and we need jobs to survive ye.. especially if we are educated and have a lot of experience.. then it's better to be realistic and come back home, where is employment and I'm not being discriminated agains.. this is a fact, you need to survive :-)

2. If the life in Oz is better than what people had before, that's really good, and I'm happy for these people that things are working out.

3. And then there are people who migrated to Australia and they don't like it, but there is war in their country, or stupid politics, and they just have to stay in Oz, because they do not want to return home. I dont belong to this group so we returned home, because life is too short to waste time.. waste 5-10 years of life..

I'm not 20 to start studying again or do odd jobs. People in Australian government advised me to do odd jobs, to do shared accommodation.. instead of just admitting, that there are not many jobs in my field.. and I would just pack my bags and leave instead of following their advise that it's WHO YOU KNOW. You dont need this type of networking in Europe, you go to job agency, they find you job, they you make friends at work.-))))) Not the other way :-)))

Dont get me wrong, Australia is great place for some people, but hey.. sometimes Aussies should be little bit more critical and realistic about their own country and themselves

I'm in # 4 (never mentioned) - came for a challenge,to be put outside my comfort zone,have a different life,meet new people,have a second crack at life and so on ..................

I was advised by a rather high ranking migration official..."It's not a right to have a visa to live in Australia"

I took that on board.

I honestly feel as though a lot of "spoilt brat" folk turn up on these shores and expect a life is owed to them.

Gen X possibly??

Far from it.

As my firm and good Auusie friends say "suck it up princess"

You turn up from 10,000 miles away and just expect a job??

Give me a break!! Aussies are the same as everyone,they need to see you prove your worth - old fashioned I know but a proven way!

:cute:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlot

I know. What I'm trying to say that I had a choice. Working in my field for FREE as a volunteer while being a bartender/cleaner/etc or return home and have what I deserve.

My studies cost me a lot of money, I never had any support from parents when I grew up, worked as a bartender and a cleaner while I studied for 4 years, and when I finished my studies, I worked had awesome jobs for 4 years. For me I quickly realised that Adelaide was a step back to where I was when I was 20! And life is too short to step back lol. I'm sure there are many people in a similar situation and I just want to say that there is certain group of people who shouldn't stay in Oz if they feel unhappy, because they deserve better. It was a good choice to come back home and do what makes me happy, rather than suffer, that would be insane. Logical choice, my story :-) :goofy:

Guest Adelaide_bound
I'm in # 4 (never mentioned) - came for a challenge,to be put outside my comfort zone,have a different life,meet new people,have a second crack at life and so on ..................

I was advised by a rather high ranking migration official..."It's not a right to have a visa to live in Australia"

I took that on board.

I honestly feel as though a lot of "spoilt brat" folk turn up on these shores and expect a life is owed to them.

Gen X possibly??

Far from it.

You turn up from 10,000 miles away and just expect a job??

Give me a break!! Aussies are the same as everyone,they need to see you prove your worth - old fashioned I know but a proven way!

:cute:

I breathe a sigh of relief when I read posts like your Tyke, that we are doing the right thing and moving to a place that has like minded people - sometimes I worry we are jumping from the frying pan to the fire, but then I read something like this and think 'oh, there are at least some people over there that feel the same. Halleluah!' :biglaugh:

Just as long as we can get some sort of job, we will be happy sweeping the streets, picking rubbish off the beach or whatever, as long as someone will take a chance and give us a go to prove we can work hard (with our references saying that we can, obviously ), and get to spend our free time at the beach, we will be happy little immigrants :)

Guest cazzie
Is that fair Heaps Good?The UK might be "bad"in some parts but for alot of us,the UK is still a great place to live!It would be like saying to someone who had moved from Elizabeth "This may be abit of an eye opener for people living here(UK)to realise how bad Australia's got?

Loved the original post by The Monaghan's and wish them well with settling back in Adelaide.

I have been back in England since mid December and absolutely love being back.

The weather this Easter fortnight (school holidays) has been unbelievable - so hot and sunny and today we walked through a bluebell wood (Dingley Dell in Leicestershire) and the surrounding fields were bright yellow with canola - it was breathtakingly gorgeous.

I think England is so beautiful - the countryside and thatched cottages/ancient buildings look amazing and everything is so dinky compared to Oz!

What I don't like are things like the price of petrol - 1.35 a litre - extortionate!, litter and mindless bureaucracy. Violence has been mentioned and it's weird because Bill logs onto The Advertiser to keep up with the local news and I have been shocked to hear of murders in Hallett Cove, Seacliff and recently Marino and Paralowie - so just as scary there as here maybe.

Anyway, there is good an bad everywhere I guess but I AM looking forward to coming back to Adelaide in December. It's great to be a voluntary ping-ponger!

;)

Guest charlot

Aussies are not the same as people in other countries. I couldn't get used to them lol.

Every country has it's own culture and typical pattern how people behave and that's what is beautiful, to have a choice :goofy:

Yes there is a subcathegory in my #2 (your#4) thanks for adding it to my list. Unfortunately I already did travelling and adventure in my 20's, so for me it really was a crazy step back. Anyway, I just wanted to say my story. I'm not spoilt :o , you don't know me. But that's no the point. All I wanted to say that the original post was really really funny, made me laugh, and that I understand what people are going through, and that I am happy now to be back home, luckily it worked out :)

Guest charlot

honestly feel as though a lot of "spoilt brat" folk turn up on these shores and expect a life is owed to them.

Gen X possibly??

Far from it.

I was not a spoilt brat, I worked for free and did a lot of good stuff for people in Oz while I was staying there. I actually proved myself really well. However, there just wasn't any opportunity. And I just didn't like it. That's all. Same as when some Australians go and live somewhere on working visa and they are happy to come back to Oz.. I wouldn't judge them, I would be keen to know what they hated about my country :-D And thats the difference about people in Adelaide - they cannot accept other people's opinion. I think they are being stubborn or something lol

Guest moonraker1959
I was not a spoilt brat, I worked for free and did a lot of good stuff for people in Oz while I was staying there. I actually proved myself really well. However, there just wasn't any opportunity. And I just didn't like it. That's all. Same as when some Australians go and live somewhere on working visa and they are happy to come back to Oz.. I wouldn't judge them, I would be keen to know what they hated about my country :-D And thats the difference about people in Adelaide - they cannot accept other people's opinion. I think they are being stubborn or something lol

Adelaide/Australia is not for everyone,you tried it and good on you for doing that.You are where you are happy to be,and thats the most important thing.There would be nothing worse than being stuck in a country you did'nt like.