Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianlynnette

spouse visa

Guest brianlynnette

Hi Lynnette here, weve gone thru the australian embassy for Brians spouse visa, does anyone know what happens next... we applied for it in nov, i had to send other documents back like our wageslips even tho i had put our p.60's for the last about 10 yrs haha, do they make a decision before they send you for yr medical and police check or do they wait for you to get all that info back to them before letting you know the final decision, i know they say no news is good news but the wait is killing me haha soooo impoatient ive got a mkillion things going on in my head haha :biglaugh:

I did the police check and the medical before I sent the papers off, and they basically gave me the decision as soon as they received the medical in the post. It was really quick, I think my whole application process was about 3 weeks - the time the police check and the medical took to be processed, basically.

All the best with it. If you want any more info I can look back at what I did for my application process but basically it was a big thing mentally to get my head round the application but doing it was very straightforward and quick.

Guest brianlynnette
    I did the police check and the medical before I sent the papers off, and they basically gave me the decision as soon as they received the medical in the post. It was really quick, I think my whole application process was about 3 weeks - the time the police check and the medical took to be processed, basically.

All the best with it. If you want any more info I can look back at what I did for my application process but basically it was a big thing mentally to get my head round the application but doing it was very straightforward and quick.

Hi sally thanks for that, we were gonna do that but cos we went thru the embassy were told to wait, did you go thru the embassy or thru a migration expert, ive been told it could take up to 6 months and its killing me haha, our case officer asked me to send in proof of our savings and any shares and stuff like that, we havent got savings as such but we have a savings plan to start after new yr, so just hope he takes that into consideration, after the sale of our house we will have at least 15k or $22,000 plus what we save, i know its not much but we have our flights covered and the container so hoping he passes it, actually hoping and preying he does haha :biglaugh: have a brill new year x

Guest moonraker1959

Hi,My OH had to go for his police check amd medicals ect before he was issued the visa.I have written about this before,but ours took soooooo long,I nearly threw in the towel.Practically every month the C/O would email us with yet again more questions,wanted stuff we could'nt provide(like a 5 yr history and proof of utility bills).We would try ringing her,she was always out of the office.We'd email her,she'd take weeks to get back.Ridiculous!It really left a sour taste in my mouth.Afterall how much proof do they really need when someone has been with a person for 12 years and married for 7 of those years!:arghh:He did eventually get granted his visa,and I think it took 2 years all up.What we thought and was told when we first applied was it would be a fairly quick easy process,we wish!!!! As I have said before we did get the C/O from hell.I'm sure yours will go alot more quickly and easier.

I did it myself direct to the embassy Lynette, didn't want to do it through an agent because although there are hoops to jump through I didn't expect any probs. Also being a lawyer I didn't feel like paying someone else to do what essentially was admin and taking a cut... I don't remember them minding that I did the police checks and meds early, as I checked with them because it didn't seem entirely clear at the time whether you had to wait or not...

We didn't have any money saved up at all, but must have been able to satisfy them that we wouldn't be a drain... but to be honest we came to Australia without a job for either of us, but once the house was sold we had money in the bank. I was entitled to centrelink straight away (permanent residence) and there have never been any probs...

Sorry yours is taking longer. If you want to ask me anything more detailed I am happy to give you more info in pms... I prepared a schedule of all of the information I sent to them, and at the time it did seem as though I was throwing the kitchen sink in, but I think that's prob what helped.

Guest brianlynnette

Hi sorry youre took so long im hoping ours doesnt take that long, im so impatient want to know the answers as soon as possible, our c.o asked for individual wage slips which is fine but i sent in mine and brians last 7 yrs of p.60's thought i was being clever showing him that we've both been in employment for at least 7 yrs but that wasnt good enough, we've been together for 11 yrs now and have the 3 lil uns together hes on their birth cert so dont see what all the proof is for, most of the bills are in my name as i sort them out as he hates speaking on the phone and gets all tongue tied, so its just easier for it all to be in my name, hope we hear something soon feel like were in limbo thanks for replying sometimes you do feel like yr on yr own till you post something haha x

Guest brianlynnette
    I did it myself direct to the embassy Lynette, didn't want to do it through an agent because although there are hoops to jump through I didn't expect any probs. Also being a lawyer I didn't feel like paying someone else to do what essentially was admin and taking a cut... I don't remember them minding that I did the police checks and meds early, as I checked with them because it didn't seem entirely clear at the time whether you had to wait or not...

We didn't have any money saved up at all, but must have been able to satisfy them that we wouldn't be a drain... but to be honest we came to Australia without a job for either of us, but once the house was sold we had money in the bank. I was entitled to centrelink straight away (permanent residence) and there have never been any probs...

Sorry yours is taking longer. If you want to ask me anything more detailed I am happy to give you more info in pms... I prepared a schedule of all of the information I sent to them, and at the time it did seem as though I was throwing the kitchen sink in, but I think that's prob what helped.

Hi sally thanks for that, was really beginning to worry that we were the only ones without savings, were also coming over without any jobs (scary thought haHA) ive not been out of work for well over 15 yrs apart from maternity leave and im quite sure i wont be going on mat leave ever again haha, I spoke to our c.o a couple of weeks ago and asked him why he needed all this other info and to be honest i dont think hed gone thru our application properley!!! he asked for full birth certs of the kids which i had already put in, he asked for our original relationship statement, ok i did put a copy in but i had it certified, a copy of our mortgage statement which i put in, our last 3 months pay slips but i put in copies of our last 7 yrs p'60s in thought that might be better but nooo, oh and proof of our savings and the value of our house and what was left to pay, i sent a mortgage statement in but said as we hadnt put the house on the market yet couldnt send in what we thought we would have in equity, i tried to explain to him that Brians the main earner over here but as soon as we got to oz whoever gets a job 1st will be the main earner, oh aswell they told me we cant claim any centre link or anything like that but i know of people who get rent assistance so do they just say that to put you off, did you claim centrelink cos you were out of work?? :biglaugh:

I think the centrelink thing depends on whether you are permanent residents or not... the centre link we got was possible because of the length of our marriage (at the time 8 yrs) and the fact we had children.

I was able to claim parenting payment, also DH claims rent assistance, and the family allowance thingy... So we got a concession card with the parenting payment (no longer receive that because of DH's job). But maybe the job seeker type payments are the ones you can't get?

Sorry its a bother. I am sure you will get there (there really can't be much of a ground for refusal with a 'real' marriage and no immigration suspicions (ie sham marriage), can there?!