Sign in to follow this  
Guest leerusson

paying for insurance

Guest leerusson

Hi all,

we are coming out the end of may/june this year on a 457 and have been told we have to get medical cover.After trawling the web looking for the right insurance a question popped into my mind............Do i have to start paying for the insurance now while we are still in the uk awaiting the visa to be granted??????:goofy:

thanks.

Guest leerusson

Hi,

No, you need to have evidence of medical insurance to have your visa accepted??:unsure:

Guest guest5933

Hello,

Yes, I confirmed this recently with the agency who has found me a job..Current valid medical insurance at the time of VISA submission, with any luck 457's go through in around two months, so not too much cash to front up.

I intend to use these guys initially;

IMAN Australian Health Plans - Health Plans for Temporary Residents Working in Australia

They are the cheapest I have found, and I figure why pay loads for something I will not use for a few months..they have very cheap plans that satisfy the Visa requirements. I may upgrade when I'm in Adelaide.

Best of luck with it all :-)

Guest shella_n

we use Iman too and are on 457.

From what I recall we had to pay the 1st month up front in order to get the certificate to satisfy the visa conditions but the actual policy did not start until the day we got here.