Sign in to follow this  
The Monaghans

Planning permission

Afternoon all. I have a question for those of you who've been in Adelaide for a while now. We've applied for permission to install a swimming pool in the back garden. The council wouldn't give us a yes or no over the counter and say it will be 6-8 weeks before we'll hear. Now, this is the second application we've put in, the first one was rejected immediately (over the counter) on the grounds that we had an easement going along the back of the garden. So, we've revised the plan and moved the proposed pool to the side of the garden. The question is, should we wait until we've got permission before we go ahead and buy the pool, or do we just take it as read that we will get permission and start digging asap? We're 99% sure that there are no easements where we're planning to build now by the way, and we've made sure that we've met all the requirements re fencing, spacing etc. What does everyone think?:err:

Liz

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    Afternoon all. I have a question for those of you who've been in Adelaide for a while now. We've applied for permission to install a swimming pool in the back garden. The council wouldn't give us a yes or no over the counter and say it will be 6-8 weeks before we'll hear. Now, this is the second application we've put in, the first one was rejected immediately (over the counter) on the grounds that we had an easement going along the back of the garden. So, we've revised the plan and moved the proposed pool to the side of the garden. The question is, should we wait until we've got permission before we go ahead and buy the pool, or do we just take it as read that we will get permission and start digging asap? We're 99% sure that there are no easements where we're planning to build now by the way, and we've made sure that we've met all the requirements re fencing, spacing etc. What does everyone think?:err:

Liz

This is something I know about as we are at the mo having one put in. The company you are using should put your application through for you. My approval came back in under a week, the water permit came in in 3 days! The pool needs to be a metre ffrom an adjoining proerty, also I am sur a pool needs to be about 3 or 4 mtrs from an easment...hang on Ill ask the pool guys.....yep 4 metrs from easement. My council is Marion

anything else to help just ask

sarah