Hughes'Roberts

Help needed...for the Sponsored State App

Hi Everyone,

I am sure this question has been asked before so i apologise for asking again!! :goofy:

We are getting together the documents required for the sponsored state and it asks for a letter from your employer to demonstrate your work experience, we feel we have exhausted this option and feel awkward having to ask my OH employer once again to write another letter. We have one from the Skills Assessment (We were organised and got 2 copies, thankfully) dated from last year, would this be ok or does the letter have to be recent?

Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks. Happy New Year too!!

Nat & Gaz :cute:

Guest bishvegas

Hi. We used the one from the skills assessment and this was accepted with no problems. Hope this helps. Good luck with the application.

Julie

Hi. We used the one from the skills assessment and this was accepted with no problems. Hope this helps. Good luck with the application.

Julie

Thanks Julie, OH work have provided him with at least 3 references up to date now....I think they might just get rid of him if he asks again lol!! Might just give it a try then...

Nat & Gaz

Guest bosco

hi i just scanned origininal refs and changed dates to this year so as not to bother my emplyers again.

Hi

If you get really stuck you can always do a stat dec as well. That is what my husband did as he did not want his employer at the time to know that he was going for a visa as we started this just as he got the job. Also where he had previously been self employed and had to go back 25 years for references did a stat dec then as he had no paperwork prior to meeting me at all.

Niki

Guest guest3462

We used the same references as the skills assessments, thankfully we colour photocopied all our docs before we had them signed by a JP so we had several copies.

Thank you for your replies!!!

Do any of you guys know, when you eventually get your visa granted, how long have you got left in the UK before you can leave, We are doing some planning at the moment and this time will be critical

Cheers!!

Nat & Gaz

Guest Mizzmp

Once you have the visa I think you have upto 12 months to land in australia and activate it. If poss its a good idea for the main applicant to fly over to activate then you know you are safe.

Guest guest3462

It's a bit weird for us as we already live in Aus!!! I think we get 6 weeks to vacate Australia then come back in and validate the visa!! (Which could be tricky if they grant it now as I can't fly anywhere being in my last few months of pregnancy!!) lol! That may be completely wrong though as its only what someone told me not officail advice!