Newly arrived and looking to buy a car

Guest cdchats

Guest cdchats

Currently running up the expense of a hire car and need to purchase a car.

Nothing fancy just reliable and in expense to run and maintain.

Never bought from a second hand car dealer any recommendations ?

Any advise welcome.

Thanks

:idea:

we just bought ours from morphett rd car sales.he will give you six months to decide if you have bought the right car for what you need[as you really may not know what you will need when you first get here!]then he will give you back what you paid to exchange for a different car if you need to change it.our car rental company put us onto him as they buy all their cars there too.

Guest cdchats

Hi thanks for the advice - will head down there today.

How is your move so far going - maybe we could meet up for a coffee to discuss - we are currently at Aldinga Beach looking for unfurnished rental in area from Christies to Aldinga.

Thanks, Chris & Dawn

Hi thanks for the advice - will head down there today.

How is your move so far going - maybe we could meet up for a coffee to discuss - we are currently at Aldinga Beach looking for unfurnished rental in area from Christies to Aldinga.

Thanks, Chris & Dawn

hi chris and dawn,i have sent you a pm,speak to you soon:jiggy:

Guest Mainds Family

Hi guys & welcome to Adelaide,

I am originally from Kent....Dartford/Gravesend way.

Just wanted to say good luck with everything,we have been here 4 months now and there's so much to arrange in the first few weeks.Juat shout if you need any further questions answering or advice.

We are currently renting in Flagstaff Hill but have been down to Christies beach a few times and our initial rental was at Morphett Vale.

Good luck with buying a car,what sort of money are you looking to spend ?

we went to Wayne Phillis Kia at Reynella and got a great deal !

Take care now

Sarah x

Currently running up the expense of a hire car and need to purchase a car.

Nothing fancy just reliable and in expense to run and maintain.

Never bought from a second hand car dealer any recommendations ?

Any advise welcome.

Thanks

:idea:

Guest cdchats

Thanks Sarah - We are from West Kingsdown and know Dartford/Gravesend well.

We are not looking to spend a fortune on a car, trying to keep a tight reign on our expenses/outgoings in the first few weeks. we saw the amount of car dealerships along the main south rd (Reynella) earlier today - but by the time we had taken a couple for a test drive up near Melrose Park our heads were spinning - prob not the best time to car hunt in the heat but needs must.

If you are interested in meeting up please PM us.

Thanks,

Chris & Dawn

Hi all, cant help with car problem at the moment but have a friend in North Haven who works in the motor trade so i will email him for advice, just wanted to say hi. We live in cumbria now but my OH is from Newbarns and we lived in Gravesend for 15 years. Hope to get to Adelaide at some point this year and plan on moving somewhere south. We got 14 year old girls and i noticed your kids are a similar age. How did they feel about moving and how are they settling in now? im hoping i can help my kids feel better about the whole thing. Good luck with the car hunting Jane x

Jane - all kid will find their own way - we have found that private education here is so much cheaper than the UK - especially the Catholic schools. We have very little choice in the Uk for secondary schools, around where we lived ( Leicestershire ). My daughter had just turned 10 when we came - and I do believe the younger you are - whether it be adult or child - the easier it is.

Good luck - look at the family good as a whole

cheers