Guest cdchats

Looking for a football team (soccer) team for my son

Guest cdchats

Looking to get my son into a soccer team within the southern sub's.

He was playing U13 in the Kent Youth League back in the UK and also played at district level within West Kent.

Can anyone make any recommendations as to where to look ?

He is also plays cricket and could probably turn his hand (and feet) to AFL

Guest Tterrier81
    Looking to get my son into a soccer team within the southern sub's.

He was playing U13 in the Kent Youth League back in the UK and also played at district level within West Kent.

Can anyone make any recommendations as to where to look ?

He is also plays cricket and could probably turn his hand (and feet) to AFL

hi, in the southern area i would probably be lookin at noarlunga united, south adelaide panthers, seaford rangers and hallett cove, i know noarlunga and south adelaide have good youth setups from about 6yr olds onwards, dont know much about seaford and hallett cove, but im sure they have junior teams

Guest Tterrier81

also watch out cos apparently the fees for a season here are very expensive compared to uk, probably lookin at a few hundred dollars

also watch out cos apparently the fees for a season here are very expensive compared to uk, probably lookin at a few hundred dollars

When we checked, it appeared to be about the same as we used to pay but it was for the whole year up front.

Cooler

If he's particularly good, it might be worth looking at one of the 'higher echelon' teams such as Adelaide City, the Cobras, or Cumberland United - although you'll find the fees are pretty high (think around the $800 mark) Most of those will have already held trials though for the coming season, but you could give them a call and see what the chances are. Here's a link to the clubs in that league: http://www.acfcjuniors.com.au/downloads/2010%20Junior%20Premier%20League%20Directory.pdf

Guest Django
    When we checked, it appeared to be about the same as we used to pay but it was for the whole year up front.

Cooler

Noarlunga for Jack is $350 for the season. They said they would do a payment scheme if you asked. However, I volunteered to help out in my spare time with any work needed and they told me what they wanted doing and now I'm the groundsman on the pay roll. So they give me more money than I give them. :biglaugh:

GO THE BULLDOGS!!! :jiggy:

You could also try a PM to Boxertony on here - ask his advice. I know his son is a pretty good footballer in the Adelaide United Reserves or something (although not in the south) so he may be able to suggest what would suit your son best.

Guest Youngy65

Hi - I understand SEAFORD Rangers have a reasonable set up...try this site

Seaford Sports & Social Club: Club History

as for AFL - Aldinga Sharks, Willunga or even McLaren Districts all have junior set ups...training probably commences late Jan or Feb and season starts end of March

cheers

Guest Coleybear

GO THE BULLDOGS! My brother has played there since he was 8 and he loves it still and is 26 and in the first team! Good set up for kids!

Guest Coleybear

I was referring to Noarlunga United at Wilfred Taylor Reserve, Morphett Vale

Fees vary, all decent clubs charge $500. It's not too much considering what you get.

BTW I am President of one of the clubs......

If anyone wants advice about any team, PM me, some teams are a rip off, but I am not going to say which ones and why in public.