Sign in to follow this  
Guest manxstones

Power tools !

Guest manxstones

Hi, does anyone know if it's worth shipping 110 volt carpentry power tools ? Any info much appreciated ?:confused:

Helen, Darren, Gabriella 6, Francesca 4 & Boycie 9.

Guest Atlast09
    Hi, does anyone know if it's worth shipping 110 volt carpentry power tools ? Any info much appreciated ?:confused:

Helen, Darren, Gabriella 6, Francesca 4 & Boycie 9.

It all depends on if you want to carry the transformer around. I bought another transformer as a spare, shipped everything over and wished now i'd sold everything back home and bought new here. It's reasonably expensive for good power tools but not that bad. The only thing i use my transformer for now is my Chop saw as they are Expensive. The other stuff i just replaced over time.

The Aussies use 240v and use a trip box.

Also I'm not sure what commercial site allow as all tools have to be tagged now. So with your 110 stuff i'm not sure.

If you stick to residential you'll be ok.

Hope this helps

Guest guest569

I brought all my 110volt tools, Admittedly they mostly gather dust in the garage nowadays but in the early days when money falls through your fingers setting up house,car, furniture,school uniforms and general settling in those tools got me working and earning until i slowly replaced them. If you have the room i'd say bring them.

people surely won't pay you much for them and with the exchange rate at the moment you might need that extra outlay on arrival.

Guest kangomik

I've not seen much 110 stuff around, but i agree with PP, it could save a few dollars once you get here, unless you can get good money for it in the UK.

I would not bother bringing them sell them and put the money towards buying new over here.I have never seen any over here on site but heard of people bringing them and as PP said in the garage collecting dust.

Guest guest569

if any ping pongers are on their way back to the UK and might need to buy some 110 volt tools drop me a pm:idea:

Guest manxstones
    It all depends on if you want to carry the transformer around. I bought another transformer as a spare, shipped everything over and wished now i'd sold everything back home and bought new here. It's reasonably expensive for good power tools but not that bad. The only thing i use my transformer for now is my Chop saw as they are Expensive. The other stuff i just replaced over time.

The Aussies use 240v and use a trip box.

Also I'm not sure what commercial site allow as all tools have to be tagged now. So with your 110 stuff i'm not sure.

If you stick to residential you'll be ok.

Hope this helps

:cute:thanks for the info.