Guest monkey-74

Sun Tan Cream

Guest monkey-74

Hi. Would anyone have advice on what sun tan cream to buy. Went to Perth earlier in the year and friends of ours advised us to use this really cheap lotion - only problem was it stained some of the white clothes. Any ideas on one that won't stain clothes but is cheap enough to buy frequently - or is it a case of only buying the more expensive ones?

We're off to Adelaide in 4 weeks time! Many thanks for any advice you can give. Vicki (& Dave)

IMO I would wait until you get here and buy whatever is on offer. Cant say that I have had any problems with sunny staining clothes - I usually buy a large pump dispenser of factor 30 from Coles or Woolworths (whoever has a special). They work well for me and I have a friend that says I would burn under a lightbulb:biglaugh:

IMO I would wait until you get here and buy whatever is on offer. Cant say that I have had any problems with sunny staining clothes - I usually buy a large pump dispenser of factor 30 from Coles or Woolworths (whoever has a special). They work well for me and I have a friend that says I would burn under a lightbulb:biglaugh:

We take a small 50+ to tide us over for the first few days then buy some of the above!

We're off to Adelaide on Tuesday!:cute: Never had problem with staining but my granddaughter (3), who likes to do it herself, covered her face with it (looked like shaving foam it was so thick)

Guest SA Great

Firstly its called sunscreen here as it screens you from the sun. Most Aussies hide from the sun to avoid getting skin cancer but the poms are a strange bunch who seem to lay out in it and see how brown they go!!?? Coles and Woolies are good with the pump dispenser as mentioned above.

I normally buy the coles or woolies stuff too. Seems to be the best value.

Cover myself in it when outside, and always seek out the shade. The sun is evil.

My hubby only uses Banana Boat brand. He is a red head and growing up in Australia had to cover himself up all the time. Says that its what pretty much everyone he knows uses and used to use at school and so on. He uses the sport one most of the time. I get the same brand for our son (can buy it in the UK also), the kids version and its been great. I use it also, the kids one.