Guest bugbabe

176 teacher STEM only?

Guest bugbabe

Hiya,

not been on here for ages, things were up in the air for a while, but everything is back on now.

Decided to go through my qualifications, secondary teachers are on the state sponsorship list, but under special requirements it says STEM only. I have tried googling this but can't find out what it means. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers :)

Guest t4top
    Hello Bugbabe,

I think it stands for Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics, hope this helps.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

My wife is an ICU Nurse in London and I am a Secondary Maths Teacher. Our 176 application was lodged with DIAC in November. Since you are also an ICU Nurse could you please tell us what the job prospects is like there now for Nurses and would you know if there are jobs there for a Maths Teacher.

Any info would be appreciated.

thank you.:jiggy:

Hi t4top,

I'm not there yet, so hoping there are jobs there seem to jobs advertised regularly on the SA health website, we've got our SS so hopefully we'll get jobs when we're there.

Good luck.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

My wife is an ICU Nurse in London and I am a Secondary Maths Teacher. Our 176 application was lodged with DIAC in November. Since you are also an ICU Nurse could you please tell us what the job prospects is like there now for Nurses and would you know if there are jobs there for a Maths Teacher.

Any info would be appreciated.

thank you.:jiggy:

There will always be jobs for maths teachers. If you can teach the equivalent of A-level, then that will open more doors. Also, being able/willing to teach science at secondary and possibly year 11/12 will also help. If you can teach physics at senior level, then you will be sought after.

The key is flexibility,

Cooler