Guest jenks5

Electrician and Primary school Teacher

Guest jenks5

Hi,

Me and my wife to be will be moving to adelaide in around 4 months we will be coming on a second working holiday visa to bridge the gap between getting out permanent visa.

We were jst wondering what the situation is with getting a job around there? I know i have to do my A grade electrical license and my fiance a year in uni. I have done all my offshore exams through vetassess.

Any help would be great.

Also we will be looking for an unfurnished place to rent for around 12 months so any help would be apreciated.

Thank you

Mark and Sarah (Wales U.K)

Hi,

Me and my wife to be will be moving to adelaide in around 4 months we will be coming on a second working holiday visa to bridge the gap between getting out permanent visa.

We were jst wondering what the situation is with getting a job around there? I know i have to do my A grade electrical license and my fiance a year in uni. I have done all my offshore exams through vetassess.

Any help would be great.

Also we will be looking for an unfurnished place to rent for around 12 months so any help would be apreciated.

Thank you

There seems to be work for electricians and friends in that trade, have had no problems getting a job. Is your fiancee going to Uni here? If so I would think that she would have to pay 'international student' fees which are expensive.

Cooler

Guest jenks5
    There seems to be work for electricians and friends in that trade, have had no problems getting a job. Is your fiancee going to Uni here? If so I would think that she would have to pay 'international student' fees which are expensive.

Cooler

Ok thats good about the electrical work. We have had a look into the primary school teaching side and yes we think she will have to pay international student fees, but from what we can see we think she can still teach supply without going to uni . But the problem then would be geting into school to teach!

Does anyone have a rough idea of electricians pay in and around adelaide? And Supply teaching aswell??

Thanks Again

Guest guest569
    Hi,

Any help would be great.

Thank you

how many of you are coming ??? :biglaugh:

Ok thats good about the electrical work. We have had a look into the primary school teaching side and yes we think she will have to pay international student fees, but from what we can see we think she can still teach supply without going to uni . But the problem then would be geting into school to teach!

Does anyone have a rough idea of electricians pay in and around adelaide? And Supply teaching aswell??

Thanks Again

Was the thinking that she would need to go to Uni to get her teaching registration here? She needs to have done four years study B.ed or B(whatever) plus a pgce. If she hasn't, she won't be able to register and teach. I would check with someone with more knowledge than I in primary. Nick11 is both lovely and also knowledgeable.

Cooler

Guest jenks5
    Was the thinking that she would need to go to Uni to get her teaching registration here? She needs to have done four years study B.ed or B(whatever) plus a pgce. If she hasn't, she won't be able to register and teach. I would check with someone with more knowledge than I in primary. Nick11 is both lovely and also knowledgeable.

Cooler

Ok thanks for your help, any information is great

Guest Guest3980

Expect around $28-30ph + site allowance + $25 per day own car allowance + super for commercial construction