Guest Tterrier81

plumbers apprenticeship????

Guest Tterrier81

hi, just wondering if there are any plumbers or if anyone knows of a plumber who needs an apprentice,

my brother is desperately trying to get an apprenticship with a plumber, he's finding it a bit difficult as he is 26 so comes under the mature apprentice catergory so its harder to get taken on because of the higher wage bracket.

he has completed a 6 month pre-vocational course in plumbing and flew threw it with top marks, he has also done a few weeks work experience with a couple of plumbers, he can provide excellent refrences from a couple of people, he can also offer a great work ethic, he's keen as mustard and just desperate to get taken on, so if theres anyone out there who would give him a chance i can guarantee you would not regret it.

he also has a full clean driving licence and a white card.

if anyone knows of anything please p.m. me

cheers

dan

Guest Tterrier81

he's also willing to do a couple of days trial to see if he's good for you

he's also willing to do a couple of days trial to see if he's good for you

There are more incentives payable for a mature age apprentice so he shouldn't be put off by his age!!

I don't know any plumbers looking at the moment but if any get in touch with me I'll bear in mind.

I would suggest he contact some Group Training organisations as they do take on large numbers of apprentices and place them with employers. The only one that comes to mind at the moment for plumbers is Peer Veet, but leave it with me, I'll get my list from work tommorrow and pm you all the GTO's that deal with plumbers.

Think you may play footie on a Wed night with my hubbie - Jim? If so If i'm home in time I'll give details to him to pass onto you - along with an apprenticeship pack.

Hope this helps.

Mel

Guest Tterrier81

hi mel, thanks heaps for doing that, its much appreciated, he's signed up to taps but no-one is interested in mature apprentices, i dont play football with jim anymore, played on game then my hours at work changed so i dont play anymore:sad:

hi mel, thanks heaps for doing that, its much appreciated, he's signed up to taps but no-one is interested in mature apprentices, i dont play football with jim anymore, played on game then my hours at work changed so i dont play anymore:sad:

HAve PM'd you further details

Mel