Guest darlo 2 adelaide

returning to uk and ? visa issues??????

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

i wonder if someone could give an opinionon returning to uk with a sponsered permanent visa. We have british passports, came here almost two years ago,were told by immigration that we didn;t need anything putting in our passports that "we're in the system" and will show up on all centrelink computers etc, but will we need proof on re-entering the country? :skeptical:

Any advise welcome, but I will ofcourse speak to the immi dept too.:chatterbox:

Hi Darlo,

from my understanding, you can come and go as much as you like for the first 4 years, then you need a return visa to get back into oz.........that costs!!

My friend in perth has her OH returning for 8 months of the year; he still works for the fire service in the uk, and its pension related reasons for doing so...........however, to be safe he had immigration put a hard copy in their passports!!

Hope that helps....

Guest midwifeonthemove
    Hi

i wonder if someone could give an opinionon returning to uk with a sponsered permanent visa. We have british passports, came here almost two years ago,were told by immigration that we didn;t need anything putting in our passports that "we're in the system" and will show up on all centrelink computers etc, but will we need proof on re-entering the country? :skeptical:

Any advise welcome, but I will ofcourse speak to the immi dept too.:chatterbox:

Yep, you will need a resident return visa if your original vias has expired...all to the tune of 170 GB pounds....have just renewed mine.

Tanya:nah: