staying here in adelaide

    Recommended Posts

    hi guys, can someone please help

    my brother is here visiting and is due to return to the uk next week, is there any chance he can apply for a visa to stay longer here and how do we go about it?

    any help will be much appreciated :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:


    sue xxxx

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Have a look a the official site for info. Under Visitors.


    Visas, Immigration and Refugees


    If he is on a 6 months tourist visa he can stay till it expires. I don't think its easy to change visa's once in Australia, at least not if you are on a tourist visa.


    IIRC once 6 months is up you have to renew and they can extend. However, it may be a person has to actually leave Australia and return to activate a new tourist visa. That used to be the case years ago, but may well have changed by now.


    If he is aged 18-30 there is always the working holiday visa but that needs to be sorted from the UK and funds etc in place with proof of it all and a return ticket.


    You can also look into the sponsorship stuff but am again not sure if that can happen if he is already in on a tourist visa.


    Anyways, the official site will have all the info you need.

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now