Sallyh

Rental applications...

What's your experience with rental applications? We've only done it once and that was 2 yrs ago so a bit foggy. About to move again, and applied for a rental yesterday. It was new on the website, not many at the viewing (prob cos there were no internal photos on the site) and this morning the details have been taken down off realestate.com. We emailed our application last night and they have received it cos I rang to check this morning.

They seemed professional etc, and not too sharp (tho I could be wrong! :) ). What's your experience of applications? Do they let people know who aren't successful, and what do you think is the timeframe for hearing if you are successful? It may vary but I was just wondering. Bit like job apps when they don't let unsuccessful candidates know (rude!!!!). I think last time for this house (the only one we applied for and were successful first time after finally finding a house we liked) we might have heard in a couple of days.

Should I ring tomorrow and find out the score? Can't exactly apply for anything else till I know can I?

It doesn't sound that hopeful. They don't usually take a property off the website until the owner has accepted the prospective tenants and the tenants have definitely accepted, although it could be a glitsch in the website. If they haven't let you know my mid afternoon tomorrow I would ring them to be sure so you are not missing out on any other rentals that may come up. With the weekend coming up there is bound to be something around.

They dont always let you know and wont tell you the reason.:arghh:

We are both self employed and I was under estimating our income (one business is seasonal) and we kept losing out on rental after rental until one real estate agent did say that owners dont consider you unless your income is 3 times the rental.:arghh:

But if you havent heard by now and its gone from the website I dont think you have it.:arghh:

BTW if anyone wants to buy an investment property our rental is up for sale. :arghh:

Regards

Sandra

Yes I was adding up the income earlier and our income is more than 3 times this rental so that is good. I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say.