Mancunian on the way

Guest Cornish Pasties

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi All,

Not sure if the subject header will put anyone off! lol

Now we have paid our first installment to the migration agent and things are starting to happen thought it might be a good idea to start making contact with people who are at a similar stage. Thought we could share are thoughts - good or bad - on the whole process and perhaps go through the journey together?

We are a family of 3, myself, hubby (Aircraft Engineer) and young lad of 12 and we are hoping to arrive in Adelaide June 2012 or month or so earlier. I do seem to have fallen for the Hallet Cove area so I will be pointing my hubby in that direction when we arrive!

I moved to Cornwall from Manchester in 2002 and although it's a fabulous part of the country it does get the rain so we spend most of the year indoors rather than out. The whole family is very excited about the move and although it will be hard leaving friends & family...we know it's the best thing for us & have to give it a go....

So if you are at similar stage & would like to keep in touch please give me a shout.

Cheers

Zoe:)

Guest Lozmitch

Hi there, what part of Cornwall you living in?? Hubby isn't at Culdrose is he?? My hubby was aircraft engineer at Yeovil, he was Buxton originally so not a million miles away, you'll love it here!

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi Lorraine,

You guessed correctly - he is at Culdrose and we are living on doorstep at Helston. What's your surname as Gaz might know him? (Gaz has been in 22) We had heard that more Defense jobs in Adelaide so that's why we've opted for Adelaide so hoping it's true? Would you mind if I added you as a friend as we might be asking for some help/useful contacts when we are nearing our time ..any help we can get would be very welcome :-)

Zoe