Guest Tterrier81

British Airways???

Guest Tterrier81

Hi, going back to England in april and have booked my tickets with british airways, not my first choice (got return flights for $1350), i have only flown with malaysian and singapore and i thought they were absolutely fantastic, just wondering if british airways were as good??

also what would be the best way to take my money over, i dont do cards and stuff like that, i only deal with cash so wondered what would be the best way to do that, should i go the old travellers checks routine or is there a better way

Guest kellyp

Hi, can't comment on British Airways as not travelled with them. With regards to money we just went to post office and bought a 'cash passport' card (I think it was called). You can put a fair amount of money on it (you get two cards, just in case!), the rate is marginally worse than cash and it costs 1.50 UK pounds for each withdrawal so as long as you don't draw really small amounts its not too bad. Can be used at all cash points which display visa I believe. Looked at cash and travellers cheques and this was the best option for us.

Kelly

I flew BA last september and they were absolutely fine, or at least the BA operated legs of the journey were. Wish I could be as complimentary about the operator of the Adelaide-Singapore leg of the journey...

I find the food slightly better on Singapore than BA, but that's mainly because I prefer the asian style aeroplane food (esp the breakfasts, reheated egg/omelettes is just not pleasant), BA food tends to be more european style, and about the same quality as the singapore european food option.

The seats on BA flights are a couple of inches smaller, but unless you've flown singapore very recently you probably won't notice tooo much.

Guest guest3462

If you have a uk bank account still you could do what we did, we transferred money across to the uk by ozforex and got a much better exchange rate (ended up several hundred pounds better off) then we took our passport and proof of address ( recent uk bank statement) to the bank and withdrew the cash once we got to the uk. Very easy and didn't cost anything!!!