Guest Tina

pet import permit

Guest Tina

i wonder if anyone can help?

i have spoken to golden arrow today to start the ball rolling to send my cats to adelaide at the end of the year, i thought i was being organized as there is a waiting list for the quarantine kennels and we need to be out by the end of the year, but he then threw a right spanner in the works. :sad:

he said, to get the import permit i need an address & home telephone number in adelaide, and as we do not have one yet or know anyone in australia to borrow theres we are struggling to provide him with this info.

has anyone else had this problem, if so, how did you get round it.

any advise would be greatly appreciated

we are in the same boat as you with our cat...ive been in contact with par-air in colchester one thing you have to consider is, will the cat travel all that way and will it be ok in quarantine for so long in melbourne plus the cost as well ive been told £780 plus all bills from vets as well, as much as i love my cat she is nearly 8 i dont know if i can put her though all the trouble if it makes sence as for address not sure how you can get round that problem

I've got to leave my 3 cats who I love dearly.Its not just the cost but the stress they will go thou. I'll miss them so much but my brother and sister in law will take the 3 together and I can skype them every week. My other half on the other hand cant wait to see the back of them and only says were going to Oz to get rid of the cats, but I know he loves them really.

We should start a missin the cat club LOL

tina x